Honored Contributor

Re: Have you bought your ticket to hear LR?

@Suhse wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I do not feel that I am "marginalizing" her for not having children.  That is the life she chose, and that is fine.  Some relatives very close to me were not able to have children, and I know that can be difficult, but people without kids can have a fulfilling life without raising a family.

I was just stating that her choice to not marry, have a family, or even a pet for that matter, allowed her to have the time and energy for her career.  Life is all about choices.  For the other poster to state that she has done all these great things, that many of "us" will never get to do was I think, a insulting.  Everyone has done some great things in their own way.

Like I said before, I wish her well.  But I just don't get this whole movement of putting her on a pedestal and following her like a celebrity.

_________

In this recent threads, I haven't seen one indication of anyone putting Lisa on a pedestal, not even close. 

What I have seen, and I'll be honest, I find it odd, is a group of posters, who apparently dislike her, some vehemently so, that still seem almost obsessed with her. 

If if disliked  a host, celebrity, etc., I'd be ignoring them. Not going to their FB to see what they're doing and then rant about it. 😀But, that's just me. 

To to suggest that any of us know these people who are strangers on TV, and have no impact on our lives; to speculate, that we know why they made the life choices they did, and to judge them, again IMO, is over the top and I don't understand, why anyone gets that invested. 

If anyone knows that having children or pets, isn't for them, bless them for making the right choice and not having them. 

I guess IMO, it's easier to understand the person who really enjoyed a host, actor, sports figure, etc, and follows their career, than to understand the person, who can't stand, the above, and still follows them?  

I find it much more difficult to understand a person following a tv salesperson than someone who has accomplished a goal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

What I find so ironic about these posts about Lisa is that they get more attention from the non-Lisa fans who claim they have no interest n her at all.  Yeah, right. 

I find it somewhat interesting how people think about a LR.  IMO, she was nothing more than a tv salesperson.  I don't understand why people get so worked up about her.  There has to be some kind of psychological thing going on that people think a tv salesperson is worth following and worth money to see.  

Wannabees and wishiweres. Glamour worship - actually, makeup, hairstyle (though heaven knows why) - and Photoshop worship.

Some people will "buy" Skinn, some IT, some Wen, some Judith Ripka, Lessman, etc. (speaking of the more rabid supporters, not everyone who buys) in the sense that they firmly believe everything the vendor says/claims about it; it MUST all be true and the bestest. Lisa's tribe "buys" HER - must be true and bestest ex-beauty queen, saleswoman, all-around-pretty-shiny EVER.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'm not into beauty products or fashion but I would pay to hear her speak.  While she came across as superficial,  I think she's a kind person.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Boring.  She's like any former host.  She is a salesperson, nothing more

Exactly....what would she talk about....how to be a beauty Queen or how to have brows like Groucho Marx? What else would she be such an expert in talking about?

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Boring.  She's like any former host.  She is a salesperson, nothing more

Exactly....what would she talk about....how to be a beauty Queen or how to have brows like Groucho Marx? What else would she be such an expert in talking about?

Well, there is the chance that she might discuss how to be "jaqueline of all trades" and set up your business on the internet and just dabble until something sticks.  So far her videos are a flop.  She can't get one, not one, to run smoothly all the way through.  And how is she going to soft focus herself in person in front of the live audience.  Trick lighting perhaps or maybe candlelight or give a door prize of some soft focus glasses with Tribe etched into the frame to all who attend. 

Honored Contributor

You guys, I'm bustin' a gut here!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

Windowsill is not what was in the picture and the plant was not a seedling.  Besides she's never home to take care of seedlings.  I wasn't born yesterday.

Intense antagonism is a good description but there's truth to everything I say.  You just don't get it.  The woman has a lot of impact on many lives and in a very underhanded way, whether the recipients know it or not.  She is a charlatan.  If I can bring just one person to their senses, my job will be done.  I don't have to know her personally to recognize that she has ulterior motives, none of which are to your benefit.  If that doesn't bother you, enjoy the show.

Oh brother.  I don't think you need to save anyone from LR. 

There is far more good you could be doing if you're interested in saving people from someone or something. 

Valued Contributor

also I think LR need to keep  her bodyguard (s) employed.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

What I find so ironic about these posts about Lisa is that they get more attention from the non-Lisa fans who claim they have no interest n her at all.  Yeah, right. 

I find it somewhat interesting how people think about a LR.  IMO, she was nothing more than a tv salesperson.  I don't understand why people get so worked up about her.  There has to be some kind of psychological thing going on that people think a tv salesperson is worth following and worth money to see.  

She will probably sell her jewelry in the lobby.  But wait!  Didn't you know she invented Christmas and  and and the Christmas tree? 

Super Contributor

I saw Lisa on a flight and she is pretty in person. Shorter than I thought but very attractive and nice skin.