Frequent Contributor

Have not been pleased with jewelry selection on QVC

I used to buy tons of RLM, Taxco etc, love the silver work, but really cannot find anything like that on QVC anymore. All cast pieces and I really don't like that. Evine has an excellent selection from Sunwest Silver, Dine Spirit and Argentum. (Taxco, remember Dominique? she is on Evine now). Those are the pieces I love and will continue buying and will buy again from QVC if they go back to providing that type of jewelry. I will pay more, I want RLM in the silver, I feel he may have been brow beaten into go to bronze. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Have not been pleased with jewelry selection on QVC

Poor QVC -  they can't satisfy everybody.  I couldn't care less to see Dominique return or actually anything silver.

If the value of gold ever comes into a range I feel like paying for, I'd buy gold.  Otheriwse, I'm happy to buy bronze or even clad pieces.

As it is, I'm happy to have a good collection that I enjoy wearing, the majority from QVC or craft shows.

Honored Contributor

QVC finds a winner and just beats it to death--to heck with variety.  I feel that way with LOGO & Graver & D&C & QF.   If you don't like it, lump it, is what I hear.

There are so many quality fashion jewelry brands out at retail.   QVC sticks with the same old thing.

I could always rely on coming to QVC to see a huge variety of sterling silver & gold items.   Not anymore.

@QVCpal wrote:

I used to buy tons of RLM, Taxco etc, love the silver work, but really cannot find anything like that on QVC anymore. All cast pieces and I really don't like that. Evine has an excellent selection from Sunwest Silver, Dine Spirit and Argentum. (Taxco, remember Dominique? she is on Evine now). Those are the pieces I love and will continue buying and will buy again from QVC if they go back to providing that type of jewelry. I will pay more, I want RLM in the silver, I feel he may have been brow beaten into go to bronze. 

Honored Contributor

Q's quarterly and annual reports show big drops in jewelry sales.  If they got rid of the c.r.a.p. they sell and bring in some good vendors, their sales would go up.  They offer super cheap gold or Arte d'Oro.  What about in between the two?   I don't wear bronze, clad, or silver.  I used to rely on Q for quality gold jewelry.  Now I go to sarrafdotcom.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amen sister!  Their jewelry has gone to .c.r.a.p. It's so sad. They used to have the most interesting and well made stuff, but not anymore. I just checked out the new JAI jewelry pieces and you can immediately tell the company has a new manufacturer. The pieces are laughable.  EBAY is the way!!!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q's quarterly and annual reports show big drops in jewelry sales.  If they got rid of the c.r.a.p. they sell and bring in some good vendors, their sales would go up.  They offer super cheap gold or Arte d'Oro.  What about in between the two?   I don't wear bronze, clad, or silver.  I used to rely on Q for quality gold jewelry.  Now I go to sarrafdotcom.

When the 50% off sale was offered a couple of weeks ago, I purchased earrings and a necklace. The necklace was expensive and came kinked and broken while the earrings were actually tarnished even though they were gold. If the Q continues to not stand for quality, I will not buy jewelry again. It is difficult for me to go to the post office (recovering from illness) so I will really think twice before ordering again.

Trusted Contributor

It seems to me that there is a somewhat better selection of gold than there was when gold was in the stratosphere.  Maybe it is just my taste for smaller, classic gold pieces, but in the past year or two I've found more pieces to my liking to buy. I'm not a big silver fan and the southwest/Bali-inspired/very modern pieces and fashion jewelry don't do anything for me so I don't buy them.  Overall, I think the gold selection is holding its own, but I can see that others don't feel that way.  That being so, I can see how jewelry sales might not be strong at the Q.

Regular Contributor

Ladies, you have it spot on!  There is a direct correlation between the quality of jewelry QVC now carries and the big drop in their jewelry sales. Maybe they'll take the hint and get back to the quality they used to have. Either that or drop jewelry from their product line altogether. Trinity11, hope you get better soon.

CalmInTheHeart wrote:
Q's quarterly and annual reports show big drops in jewelry sales. If they got rid of the c.r.a.p. they sell and bring in some good vendors, their sales would go up. They offer super cheap gold or Arte d'Oro. What about in between the two? I don't wear bronze, clad, or silver. I used to rely on Q for quality gold jewelry. Now I go to sarrafdotcom.

Trinity11 wrote: When the 50% off sale was offered a couple of weeks ago, I purchased earrings and a necklace. The necklace was expensive and came kinked and broken while the earrings were actually tarnished even though they were gold. If the Q continues to not stand for quality, I will not buy jewelry again. It is difficult for me to go to the post office (recovering from illness) so I will really think twice before ordering again.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't been too pleased with the jewelry selection on the Q for quite some time.  I can only wear and buy gold.  I don't want bronze, brass, plated, resin, etc.  I also want some weight - I don't like being told 1 gram of gold is hefty.  They need to bring back some quality gold pieces.  I did find a couple pieces during the 50% off sale and am on waitlist for an 18K gold bangle that I doubt I'll receive and if I do, it will probably be someone's return.  I do constantly check the "as is" because I have had some major scores there. One huge pet peeve I have is that they don't disclose the color of the diamonds when they present.  If I were going to pay $$$ for diamonds and gold from the Q - I want to know the color up front and not just hear "near colorless" and that's it.  Really big pet peeve of mine.  Every other channel gives you all the information.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago, I bought 2 pairs of sterling silver earrings and 1 large sterling silver Jewish Star with chain from TJMaxx --- very low prices and great quality.