Respected Contributor

Have You Ever Lost Jewelry ...

For a long time and then found it?  I thought I had lost several items, two gold charm bracelets with 14k charms and one without; an Imperial white gold bracelet; a tri-color gold rope bracelet, and a gold and diamond bracelet (not large diamonds but still) -- been missing for nearly four years.  I searched and searched my house.  I angquished over them and finally resolved they were just gone.  Last night my husband had to use our wireless printer that we recently replaced with a new one.  It's upstairs, so when he retrieved his print and returned downstairs he said "did you know you had a small plastic container with some jewelry in it on the desk behind the printer?"  Perplexed, I questioned him "what box, what jewelry, and why did it suddenly appear out of nowhere after all this time???"  He claims he had no idea and went to retrieve it.  I was speechless to the point I thought I was dreaming.  I just don't get it.  I had looked everywhere a dozen or more times and literally tore the house apart.  I feel really uncomfortable about it.  It just does not make sense to me.  I'm glad it's been found, but I can't stop thinking about it  

Woman Frustrated

Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Lost Jewelry ...

Oh yes. I had a cocktail ring made out of the diamonds from my mother's wedding rings when she was married to my dad (he passed away when I was 3).  She gave it to me when I turned 18.  I moved from Kansas to New York and couldn't find the ring.  Cried for days and days.  Looked everywhere, cried some more.  Months and months later I was looking in my suitcase and decided to check the zippered pockets again. The lining of the zippered pocket had torn.  Lo and behold the box with the ring and slipped through and was in bewteen the lining and the pocket.  I was so happy I cried some more.

Respected Contributor

You may have had it in your hand when you went to get something out of the printer and set it down for a minute.  How nice that it was found.

I lost a gold necklace for a couple years that my son eventually found in the medicine cabinet.  Don't know why it was in there and shows how often I clean that out :-)  I'm still hoping to come across a diamond stud earring that I am sure is in this house somewhere.  Or it went up the vacuum long ago.

Honored Contributor

For 3 days I have been searching high & low for my silver & diamond watch.I am now just hoping & praying I left it at camp & will find it in the spring.

Respected Contributor

I once lost a single earring.  I found it months later attached to a bracelet with a magnetic clasp - one I don't wear very often.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

A few years ago I noticed my diamond engagement ring was not on my finger. I never took it off. It was a little loose but not terribly so. I looked all over the house and finally decided it was gone forever. 

A couple months later I went down into our basement to put firewood in our wood burner. We didn't use the wood burner that often. We had a big pair of leather gloves that I would put on to handle the wood. As soon as I put them on I felt something in one of the gloves and lo and behold there was my diamond engagement ring.  

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

You may have had it in your hand when you went to get something out of the printer and set it down for a minute.  How nice that it was found.

I lost a gold necklace for a couple years that my son eventually found in the medicine cabinet.  Don't know why it was in there and shows how often I clean that out :-)  I'm still hoping to come across a diamond stud earring that I am sure is in this house somewhere.  Or it went up the vacuum long ago.

This was a 12 x 6 plastic container ... I don't see how I could have set that down BEHIND the printer without realizing it.  And when he replaced the printer two months ago, why would he not have noticed it then???   These are the questions going through my head.  It's just weird. 

Trusted Contributor

Is it possible your husband (or significant other) was in need of some money and used a nearby pawn shop?  I know nothing about them really, but the timing of them reappearing may just be what had happened.

Valued Contributor

A long time ago when my kids were little, I looked down at my wedding ring and the diamond was gone. I had been everywhere that day with my kids including swimming in our pool. I was very distraught. I went on with my day that day as I was changing sheets etc. Went to strip my sons bed and low and behold there it was laying on his comforter shining brightly at me. It was fate for me because I had been all over the place that day.

Then again 30 years later, I was doing chores and discovered my whole ring was off my finger (the same ring). I had been hanging clothes on the line, doing a whole lot of gardening and housework. Backttracked every place I went and no ring.  Fast forward 3 years, went to do some gardening as my flower beds are huge. Low and behold started working up the dirt and there it was. Again it was fate. I ran up the yard any my family thought something was terrribley wrong with me but I could not wait to show everyone what I had found.  Im happy,

Beckyblu

Valued Contributor

My Irish mother would have said "it's the fairies" teasing you. Or (well known in literature), the Trickster who loves to discombobulate us humans.

I've given up on a watch i lost years and years ago, despite pleas to St. Anthony, but who knows? It may turn up.