Super Contributor
On 2/16/2015 stray770 said: I like his stories and personality but hate his jewelry...settings are cheap and stones poorly set...every piece I have purchased of JK, the stones fell out...on beaded necklaces, the beads often have dark marks where they touch each other. I love the variety of his stones he offers but finally stopped wasting my money on his jewelry. QVC has all around better quality jewelry than HSN. I find the clothing lines on HSN to be of poor quality compared to QVC as well. Basically, I have stopped watching HSN; tired of Adrienne, Serious Skin Care, Lessman, Little and Gilman jeans

I know the owner of a mine where the stones in jewelry suite he was selling on HSN last year (necklace and pendant, ring, earrings) came from. So after I purchased a ring and it didn't seem like good quality, I contacted the mine owner and asked about the stones in the HSN jewelry and my ring, he told me they were low-grade stones.
I returned the ring. After that, I don't even watch JK anymore.

Honored Contributor
You can see a difference in the color of the Sleeping Beauty Jay and Paul Deasy sell and most of what Carolyn sells. I know many people think the price is exorbitant on Carolyn's naja enhancer in SB at $550., and it is high. However the color of the stones in that piece is extraordinary and doesn't compare to what others are selling. I'm not surprised to hear Jay uses low grade stones...I'd be surprised if he didn't. There's still a lot of "block" being used by everybody and especially Jay.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
Someone mentioned that Jay King sold under Desert Rose. I have spoken to Desert Rose company . They told me they have never sold on eBay. Only stating what Imwas told. I do buy Jay King but after going to Az and looking at turquoise I do think he is pricey. Guess he needs funding for his trips. I do think he is knows his husiness
Regular Contributor

I don't get it reading so much criticism of him. I think he does a great job in bringing viewers a variety of stones and the necklaces I bought from him are nice quality. Love the green opal, bumblebee jasper, lepidolite, etc in large stones that would be hard to find and it's especially good to know where they came from.

Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2015 crazered said: Someone mentioned that Jay King sold under Desert Rose. I have spoken to Desert Rose company . They told me they have never sold on eBay. Only stating what Imwas told. I do buy Jay King but after going to Az and looking at turquoise I do think he is pricey. Guess he needs funding for his trips. I do think he is knows his husiness
Perhaps there is an eBay seller that uses that name?
Super Contributor

Jay King doesn't sell directly on Ebay. He sells on HSN and at Desert Rose Direct http://www.desertrosedirect.com/

Honored Contributor
There used to be pages and pages of his stuff, all sold by one seller. If a piece was extra nice it was more $$$ than a mediocre piece. That seller had to have had some connection with the company.
Super Contributor

Don't you get it? He sells COMPRESSED turquoise - ie. junk -

Valued Contributor
A lot of his pieces are dyed, aka "color enhanced." Not good enough original quality. That reversible TSV--all the spiny oyster shell pieces were dyed. Said so in the listing. Potch, all of it.
Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2015 CaneCorsoMom said:

Don't you get it? He sells COMPRESSED turquoise - ie. junk -

Who are you yelling at?