Honored Contributor

HONORA...NO COLORED PEARLS, PLEASE

Not sure why HONORA insists on straying from believable colors of pearls. All the bright colors & combos of colors remind me the "pop beads" I had as a kid (anyone else remember them in the 50's?). If I wanted something that didn't even resemble a pearl, Incould purchase plastic beads at the dept. store at 1/4 the price. Give us some new & different white, black and grey pearl designs.

Honored Contributor

Re: HONORA...NO COLORED PEARLS, PLEASE

I agree.  The colored thing started out as a way to sell imperfect pearls, now it's just a gimmick.

Honored Contributor

I do enjoy some colored pearls like cranberry or pistachio. The bright blues or purples, not so much.

Honored Contributor

I disagree about no colored pearls. I like the natural colors, the neutral colors, and the brights.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Yes, I do remember "pop beads" !!  I actually found a bunch of them at a garage sale a few years ago, and "gifted" my sisters with them...I knew they would remember them, too!

I agree with you...I prefer more natural colors in pearls.  

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I disagree about no colored pearls. I like the natural colors, the neutral colors, and the brights.

@ChynnaBlue     @Shanus

Yes, I agree that variety is a good thing.   If you don't like colored pearls, fine, but telling QVC to stop offering is silly, IMO.   Clearly, other women like them, or they'd stop selling colored pearls.

Honored Contributor

Pearls that are naturally flawed so that the colors are not usable would have to be discarded if they were not colored bright or dark,

I only buy natural colored pearls, but there is a market for colored pearls too.  It's better for them to be colored and sold. This keeps the prices of the natural ones down.  If only a few peals from a harvest were usable, the prices would be cost prohibitive.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I agree.  The colored thing started out as a way to sell imperfect pearls, now it's just a gimmick.

It's a distraction from the horrible quality of the pearls.   I shudder everytime I see them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Not sure why HONORA insists on straying from believable colors of pearls. All the bright colors & combos of colors remind me the "pop beads" I had as a kid (anyone else remember them in the 50's?). If I wanted something that didn't even resemble a pearl, Incould purchase plastic beads at the dept. store at 1/4 the price. Give us some new & different white, black and grey pearl designs.

OMG, I loved my pop beads more than anything when I was a little girl.  I had a white and a pink set. Looked just like pearls.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I like them!

Variety is good and I have several Honora necklaces in colors ranging from natural, to muted, to brights. I wear them all throughout the year.