Respected Contributor

Green Goddess Monaco Watch is Fantastic!

I just love this watch---everything about it BUT I have such a darn skinny wrist that I have to wear it on the second "tightest" hole which means you can see the "tail" of the strap on the side of my wrist---and the clasp is all the way over to the edge of my inner wrist, too, but I am used to that. They should have done the strap in two sizes---a Small/Average and an Average/Large, as when they made it large enough for a Large wrist, they made it too big for a Small wrist.

I think I may take it with me to NYC later this Spring and I know of an excellent shoemaker on about 54th Street between 5th and 6t Ave as I recall. I bet he could cut down the strap for me---take off 3/4 of an inch would do it. That part of my strap is very dark, almost black, so if he had to use black stitching on the new pointed edge it would not even be noticeable. I did notice that one of the hosts was wearing the watch--and I saw the "tail" sticking up on her wrist...so I had a feeling this was going to be the case with me, as well.

I do love it though and I am keeping it. Have it on today with one of my GG rings and it looks great.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Re: Green Goddess Monaco Watch is Fantastic!

Sheesh,

So glad to hear you love it and that it is worth taking it to be sized. Wear in good health.

What do you think of the brown?

Respected Contributor

Posted a separate review---LOVE it, too.

Contributor

Green Monaco watch is glorious . . . ditto Black, Brown, Blue and Purple versions, too! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Occasional Contributor

So glad to hear that you love your watches. I am waiting for the black one and cannot wait to see it. After the initial negative reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive and now I can relax. WhewSmile

Honored Contributor

Sheesh ~ I am glad you love the watch and I am sure you will wear it with the monaco ring?? That's a great idea to have the band sized...ya' might as well wear it to perfection! Wear it in the best of health!

~ MickSmiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Puffin Parakeet said:

So glad to hear that you love your watches. I am waiting for the black one and cannot wait to see it. After the initial negative reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive and now I can relax. WhewSmile

I'm thinking of the Black version, as well....we'll see. Let me know how you like it when it arrives.

Occasional Contributor

The black watch arrived and it is stunning! My husband said-wow that is a beautiful watch! Doing the happy dance

Frequent Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Puffin Parakeet said:

The black watch arrived and it is stunning! My husband said-wow that is a beautiful watch! Doing the happy dance{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I second that. I thought it might be too busy for me (I love her silicone watch and have it in 5 colors), but it's not. At least not in black.

Super Contributor

Sounds fabulous! This one is so good that it will be worth making the band fit. Enjoy!