When is the next gold rush or sale?  I heard coming up this week next week?

Honored Contributor
Qvc sent me email, Deleted by mistake. Looking forward seeing and finding special item-> Celebrating this year.💃happy dance!!
Respected Contributor

according to the program guide it is this Tuesday 1/24

Regular Contributor

California Gold Rush sale all day Tuesday 1/24/17. 

Honored Contributor

@whop de bella wrote:

Was this one of the "all day specials" that was shortened recently?

Gold is still high, so it will be interesting to see what's offered.

Honored Contributor

Earlier this week, I thought I'd lost a favorite gold hoop -  EG from many years ago.  I think it was a TSV.  The earrings are a 1" narrow hoop.  I'm pretty sure I paid just under $40 for them -  one pair in yellow gold, one pair in white.

Anyway, I live 2 minutes from a Macys so I stopped in to look.  Found a fairly similar pair of gold hoops, same 1" but with a bit of twist and surface engravings - and both would add to the cost.  I know that.  Still - Macys price tag was $600.  No way for me are they worth anywhere close to that.  Of course, they're going on sale next week -  and then only $209 (I may be off by a dollar!)

And, of course, the saleswoman reminded me 3 times that if I didn't pre-reserve them they might not be there next week.   I took the chance and walked away.  Glad I did -  as I walked from my car to the front door which I had done at least a dozen times since losing my earring, there was my hoop shining up at me.  No dents, scratches.  Thank you, Eterna Gold.

I will take a look at QVC's gold next week.  Now I'm curious.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Earlier this week, I thought I'd lost a favorite gold hoop -  EG from many years ago.  I think it was a TSV.  The earrings are a 1" narrow hoop.  I'm pretty sure I paid just under $40 for them -  one pair in yellow gold, one pair in white.

Anyway, I live 2 minutes from a Macys so I stopped in to look.  Found a fairly similar pair of gold hoops, same 1" but with a bit of twist and surface engravings - and both would add to the cost.  I know that.  Still - Macys price tag was $600.  No way for me are they worth anywhere close to that.  Of course, they're going on sale next week -  and then only $209 (I may be off by a dollar!)

And, of course, the saleswoman reminded me 3 times that if I didn't pre-reserve them they might not be there next week.   I took the chance and walked away.  Glad I did -  as I walked from my car to the front door which I had done at least a dozen times since losing my earring, there was my hoop shining up at me.  No dents, scratches.  Thank you, Eterna Gold.

I will take a look at QVC's gold next week.  Now I'm curious.

@millieshops  Hi.  Great story !!

Macy's earring prices.............ridiculous !

Finding your EG earring.........priceless !!

thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@whop de bella wrote:

Was this one of the "all day specials" that was shortened recently?

Gold is still high, so it will be interesting to see what's offered.

Recently, no.

California Gold Rush was 24 hours on every January 24: the years 1988 through 2010.

Jan. 24, 2011 - 13 hours

Jan. 24, 2012 - 13 hours

Jan. 24, 2013-  15 hours

Jan. 24, 2014 - 24 hours

Jan. 23, 2015 - 25 hours

2016- cancelled

In 2016, the 24-hour events January Gem Day, California Gold Rush, Feb. Day of Vicenza Style, Big Bonanza Silver Day, June (Father's) Day of Vicenza Style, July Designer Jewelry Gallery, Klondike Gold Rush, and Creede Silver Strike were all cancelled and replaced with shorter generic jewelry events. July Gem Day was scheduled for 24 hours but shortened just prior to air date. September Day of Vicenza Style was cancelled.

In 2017, (Super Bowl Sunday) Designer Jewelry Gallery was cancelled, California Gold Rush was restored to 24 hours, and Gem Day has been moved to February.

Honored Contributor

i think some of the preview designs are really lovely, but the ones I read the copy for don't list gram wt., as they usually did in the old days.

The subject of "real" gold has already come up, and wanted to mention as a reminder that selling gold that is stamped 14k or 18k gold is legally required to be as represented.

Severe penalties are imposed otherwise. I don't buy "gold over___________", but I do ABSOLUTELY trust QVC to sell jewelry that is what it is stamped. to the best of my knowledge NO ONE has ever PROVEN otherwise.