Honored Contributor

I've been watching this lately.  We had this several years ago, then we had the dish network and eventually got rid of it.  The we picked up verizon FIOS.  A couple of weeks ago, this came back on the cable.  I love their high end estate jewelry. The new pieces are nice to. Nice to see rubies, sapphires, emeralds and exotics with good quality diamonds.  I hate semi-precious gems, so it's a nice site to see.  I also love the fact they don't sell silver or gold over silver.  Just real 14K & 18K.  Their pearls are salt water and round. They seem to have a mix of call in auction and fixed prices from various trays, One under $1,000.00, others over 3,000.00 and up.  Anyone purchase from them?  I keep drooling over the diamond & ruby pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching them for the last few months.  I haven't bought anything yet.  There are some hosts who I really enjoy and others I find downright insulting and nasty.  Their prices vary greatly and sometimes you'll see the same piece on a high priced turntable and then a week or a couple weeks later - the item will be on a price point turntable or auction opener.  I think you really need to know your stuff with this channel.   I've seen some pretty sneaky things go on - like one day they were selling one of Chuck Clemency's rings which was still on Evine for $80 and they were selling the EXACT ring for $350; also saw the Alexandrite's the Q sells on there for triple the price - again the EXACT same rings.  I am 110% on my statements.  That really turned me off .  My advice is know exactly what you're buying if you shop with them. 

Respected Contributor

I've watched them for a few minutes here and there. I like looking at jewelry I can't afford...lol    They only come on in my area during overnight hours and not even every night.  I've only seen them sell very, very expensive high end pieces.  I have never seen them sell anything except precious gems set in gold or platinum. 

Trusted Contributor

Last night they had an all sterling silver turntable - I think it was $395 your choice.  Most pieces had gemstones and/or pearls.  I'm not a silver fan so when they do sell silver I usually change the channel.  98% of their jewelry is in gold though and usually way out of my price range - but I do love to window shop!  Enjoy ladies - you never know.  They occasionally do some really awesome deals but I think you just need to get really lucky.  I've read the reviews on the BBB as they are A+ rated.  Very few complaints - so that's good to know.  

Respected Contributor

I stop at that channel too and admire all the beautiful stones but we all know their lights make that jewelry sparkle like it does. 

For some of those prices they charge, I would sure like to see the product close up before I spend that kind of money. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem shopping network

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

I've been watching them for the last few months.  I haven't bought anything yet.  There are some hosts who I really enjoy and others I find downright insulting and nasty.  Their prices vary greatly and sometimes you'll see the same piece on a high priced turntable and then a week or a couple weeks later - the item will be on a price point turntable or auction opener.  I think you really need to know your stuff with this channel.   I've seen some pretty sneaky things go on - like one day they were selling one of Chuck Clemency's rings which was still on Evine for $80 and they were selling the EXACT ring for $350; also saw the Alexandrite's the Q sells on there for triple the price - again the EXACT same rings.  I am 110% on my statements.  That really turned me off .  My advice is know exactly what you're buying if you shop with them. 

Exact ring?  Isn't Chuck's stuff 18K over silver?  This network has very little  silver.  Was the Alexandrite  set in 14K?

Respected Contributor

Re: Gem shopping network

[ Edited ]

I have purchased from them a few times and would not hesitate doing it again.

My first purchase, an antique 2 carat Ceylon sapphire ring, was appraised by a local jeweler at 50% more than I paid.  The jeweler admired the quality of the stone and congratulated me on my purchase. 

Edited to correct a typo because they matter.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Exact ring?  Isn't Chuck's stuff 18K over silver?  This network has very little  silver.  Was the Alexandrite  set in 14K?

Yes, Chuck's ring was silver and they were honest about that.  The Alexandrite was in 14K.  Seriously, it blew my mind b/c I went on the computer immediately and looked everything up - identical.  I chuckled to myself and said I should buy Chuck's ring on Evine, but I don't like silver and I don't like flower jewelry.

Valued Contributor

I've been able to get lovely things from bth Mike and Sam that have checked out to be exactly as advertised and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.  Alan is an acquired taste.  I was drooling over a ceylon blue/platinum ring for 80,000......

I find Steve extremely condescendng and wouldn't buy from him.

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone watch last night?  It was ALL silver jewelry with Mike.  A lot of designer pieces. They were blowing the pieces out at a very fast pace. I believe the price range was $150 - $350 - I didn't pay that much attention, but it was a very fast moving show - I did see some nice pieces, but I can't wear silver.