Esteemed Contributor

Ever lose an expensive piece of jewelry?

I lost a 14kt gold hoop earring with channel set diamonds my hubby bought me for our 20th wedding anniversary.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever lose an expensive piece of jewelry?

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I lost a 14kt gold hoop earring with channel set diamonds my hubby bought me for our 20th wedding anniversary.....

Oh no @Nataliesgramma ....  I am so sorry you lost the earring.  I am sure that not only is it expensive but holds a great deal of sentimental value.  Perhaps it will turn up someday.  Back in 1994, after my Dad passed away, my Mom had a pendant made for me out of Dad's wedding band.  She had a gold backing attached to it and a small diamond inserted in the middle of the backing.  Of course she had to have a bail attached.  I wore it on a chain for the longest time.  I would take it off every night and place it on my dresser.  One morning when I went to put it on I could not find it.  I tore the house apart looking for it and called all the places I had been the day before to ask if anyone had found it.  The most difficult thing I had to do was tell my Mom I had lost it.  We were both heart broken.  About a year later I took out a container of jewelry cleaner.  I had been simply using ammonia to clean my jewelry so I had not looked in this container in over a year.  Well lo and behold.. there was my Dad's pendant in the small basket inside the container!!  I have not worn the pendant since out of fear of really loosing it some day.

Respected Contributor

My blue sapphire engagement ring. I really believe it was stolen. 

Honored Contributor

At the risk of sounding religious....a prayer to St. Anthony might help you find your lost treasure.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  It makes me sick in the pit of my stomach.  Even though we have everything insured it still upsets me and I get so mad at myself.

Esteemed Contributor

My 14K Bezeltine (sp) from the Q, when gold wasn't so expensive.  The good news when I discovered it off my wrist the next morning and had torn apart car and bed and house, a little birdie told me to call Pets Smart where I had been the night before.  My head said, no, if you lost it, it would be gone.  I kept getting the nagging voice that said, CALL.

I did call, they asked me to discribe it, did, and they had it.  A customer found it in the cat food section, where I had been, turned it in to the clerk, who in turn gave it to the manager and it was put in their safe.

I  did write a letter about the clerk who did this and the manager.  I could not thank the person because no one knew them and no name.

Honored Contributor

no...

Honored Contributor

I lost a 14K watch. I went to Selfridge's for a sale on crystal. It was crowded and I had crystal goblets on my mind. When my Aunt asked me what time it was - I discovered the watch was gone. I suspect a "pro" lifted the watch.  It was never loose and the band was quite secure. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my Carolyn Pollock Utah bracelet! I think I accidentally threw it away. I was cleaning, and remember taking it out to polish, last I saw of it. Yes, I do pray to St. Anthony all the time, but he couldn't help me this time. Here's the rhyme, St. Anthony, St. Anthony please come around, somethings lost that can't be found. Then you say what you lost. 98% of the time, he finds it for me.
Super Contributor

Diamond bracelet my husband gave me last Christmas.