Not applicable

Re: Does anyone here watch JTV? Changes in hosts etc.

I have shopped with JTV for years. I am very selective with what I buy and have not been disappointed with my items. (Knock on wood) I tend to go for the champagne diamonds, tanzanite, chrome diopside, morganite...all of mine are beautiful and have been independently appraised. All of my items are worth more than I bought them for, local jewelers are in awe of my tanzanite and morganite. Much better than the junk sold elsewhere that is so pale that people would have a hard time naming the stone if you didn't tell them. In everything you must be selective, and not too cheap, otherwise you get what you paid for.
Contributor

I'm watching JTV a lot more often nowadays and think they've improved greatly. I've ordered some wonderful pieces recently. I too love that they educate us on the gemstones - so much so that I'm going to Knoxville in July for their Jewelry Lovers Conference which will be seriously educational! I heard about last year's conference and made up my mind to go, taking my sister with me. It's only a $25 registration fee per person and classes are free. I'm focused on learning about gemstones, particularly rubies, emeralds, and sapphires. I'll be attending a class hosted by Dawn called "From Mine to Market." I can hardly wait! And it seems that JTV is pretty much a family affair - two of the female hosts are sisters, and at least one of them is married to one of the bosses.
Respected Contributor

Wow. Now I saw Jeff Moseley is gone. There's something weird going on.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

Peggles, I really like Dawn so that class ought to be a good one, lucky you!  If I weren't otherwise engaged, I'd love to sign up for that class myself.  Enjoy it and let me know how you liked it.  If they do it again next year, maybe I'll be able to go!

Trusted Contributor

I agree love JTV and it is a lot like QVC use to be. They have wonderful buys on just about any jewelry you can dream of and best of all its affordable.  Most of it is set in precious metals. They have some I've never heard of,  love the education I am getting. I have not notice a big change in personnel perhaps because I usually watch at night and see the same people like Jennifer, Hedi and Nicki.  I have made several purchases and very pleased with the quality. I love the fact they offer insurance on your jewelry,  have had to use it once and was so pleased with the service I received and timely return. I highly recommend them to my family, and friends. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

Peggles, I really like Dawn so that class ought to be a good one, lucky you!  If I weren't otherwise engaged, I'd love to sign up for that class myself.  Enjoy it and let me know how you liked it.  If they do it again next year, maybe I'll be able to go!

Dawn is a recent breast cancer survivor, she looks great, so glad she is doing well.

Trusted Contributor

I saw on FB that they let Michelle Lau go too!  I really liked her and its sad they just let her go.  I don't know what is going on there.  Jeff was very good and I liked him much better than this new young guy they have on now.  I'm a bit disappointed in their choices of hosts to dismiss. 

I read your post, as was looking online to see if it was just me, or if anyone else online thought that Wendy at JTV was the most annoying host EVER! Surprised to find your comments here, but had to reply. NOT ONLY is she annoying & grating-I only watch her shows to see jewelry styles-and I now watch without sound. Why? Her voice is NOT ONLY NASAL, but she often does this sound I can't put into words-maybe like a mouse being strangled- some kind of wierd sound, never heard anyone even with a valid speech defect make the sound she makes & she speaks ridiculously fast (and I am FAST) THAT i CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD, AS SHE SPEAKS WITHOUT PUNCTUATION OR PAUSES in a monotone & nasal voice, no less.. She sounds like she is on speed or a drug that makes her speak that way, or perhaps  she has a microphone in her ear & she has to repeat what the speaker says. Never heard anything like it. It blows my mind that anyone can listen to her, let alone listen to her in her personal life. She is HORRENDOUS  as ahostess---& beyond bizarre in her speech pattern. I have a deviated septum in my nose, & don't sound nasal, so don't know what her issue is, but she should go to a speech coach, in a hurry.. I was in the entertainment industry for decades, & there is not one agent I ever met who would ever have referred her for an INTERVIEW for an on air show hostess., not even on the worst rated programs.. How she was hired & MAINTAINS the position is beyond me. In addition,there is one woman who is a hostess after l2 (night) who also sounds bonkers- don't know her name--she speaks a mile a minute, also without any punctuation or inflections that are appropriate, but says nothing much. I couldn't believe it when I heard her speak-fortunately, I don't often watch at that hour. As far as girlfriends night, with the brunette and blonde-they are both fine, on their own. When they do their folksy, aw shucks Friday night deal girls party, I could barf. They sound like two immature, mean girls in high school, the unpopular ones, not the cool ones-they blather & babble about zero -.ZERO.& crack themselves up. Fine, if off air, but ON AIR? tHEY apparently have a following of some sort,but it must be with people who act like they do in real life....yuck-o. When they do individually host shows, they each seem to have a knowledge of their product,but TOGETHER THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE...unless you have girlfriends like them, which I never would..so ORDINARY, DULL, GOSSIPY, GABBY, & TOTALLY UNSOPHISTICATED. The real ? here is what is wrong with the HR department at that company? Or is there a reason that they have hired a list of unpalatable hosts? When they realize that people are turning off the sound, and even not ordering as the hosts make the company look less than professional, don't they re-evaluate? I see things I might purchase there on occasion, but prefer HSN, QVC, EBAY, AMAZON, as don't have to endure screechy, babbling, nasal voices...I just pick,pay, & that's it. I am glad you posted as I turned on the tv now, and there was Wendy again--I turned off the sound-I've solved my problem, as only watch the shows to see gems & designs-no matter how good the prices "seem" to be, I would never ever  order from that company...How can they read your comments & mine, and not do something about it? I only wish the National Enquirer deemed the story worthy enough to investigate,because somewhere there is something rotten there, what I don't know, but it's certainly not professional business as I know it. ANYONE could sell as a host/hostess on that show without sounding lame. There is one man who sells who LOVES everything. He is a joke. AT first thought he was sincere & just sort of a bumpkin,which was fine, but after watching him a few times, realized that he shows NO DISCRIMINATION whatsoever with his merchandise-it is all the only time you will be able to buy it, he has never seen it before, it is quality that is beyond compare, etc....it'sa bad joke and now can't watch him either, as realize his insincerity.I wish this show would go off air and be replaced by another show doing the same with more polish,finesse, professionalism, and non-annoying hosts. SO YOU ARE NOT ALONE...AND HOPE YOU READ THIS blurb.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, that has to be the nastiest posts I've read on this site in a LONG time.

Way too much venom.  Simply turn the channel if you find the presenters too low class for your refined pallet

Respected Contributor

I don't like Wendy either. I switch the channel whenever she is on

Oh by the way, did you mean palate? As in taste?