Honored Contributor

Not especially. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

I am enjoying it although I missed most of Gem Day- had to work long hours today, just trying to catch up.  I am adding items to my wish list and then will pick my favorite at the end of the day!

Super Contributor

Re: Do you like Gem Day?

[ Edited ]

It really hasn't been all that great to me. Prices are too high on a lot of what I am seeing. During their "Colors of Sapphire" show, I really liked the bracelet in choices of sapphire color on a sterling silver adjustable chain, but, good grief -- it was over $200.00! I've seen similar items on JTV for far lessMan Frustrated

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

I don't watch Qvc Tv the way I did in the past.  I remember when I would watch for hours and hours a day.  I do like Gem Day, I hop in and out for a few minutes throughout the day.  I can't say I actually buy anything.  I just think Qvc prices are still a little steep, I can get better values and better styles on other shopping channels.  Qvc is not my "go to" for jewelry but it is for almost everything else.   I ended up fiddling and diddling over the TSV ring; I couldn't decide between the turq or the opal.  So, I searched Jtv to see what they had and they are having a Southwest jewelry shows....and.....I got hooked and never returned to Qvc.  I'm a turquoise jewelry collector but I haven't bought anything new in 2 years.  So, I spent part of my tax refund on a gorgeous muti colored turq braclet and long liquid silver chain.  Funny thing is that if Qvc had not had their Gem Day, I wouldn't have even thought of buying jewelry today. 

Trusted Contributor

I love gem days - they're my favorite!  There aren't enough of them across the shopping channels for me.  Many of the Q items were out of my price range, but I still enjoyed checking in yesterday to see what they had.  I've read complaints from ladies who want 14k gold items, and they certainly had alot of those.  I think the prices were quite reasonable; I just wish I could've afforded a piece or two!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like Gem Day?

[ Edited ]

at age 61, I rarely wear any jewelry so it does not interest me.  Back 20 years ago I loved jewelry shows. I guess it  just depends on each person.

Super Contributor

I love gem day, the pieces are interesting, the prices are very high. Silver bracelet in 400 dollars range after taxes. Sigh....

Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch all day until late I caught the Turquoise show on the Plus channel and ended up buying the One Time Only Ethiopian Opal ring set. The turquoise set was just as pretty, too, but I only own one opal so I am glad I finally turned it on.

Frequent Contributor

Love love love it! Wish they had them more often but probably better for my budget that they do not.

I wear a pretty ring or 2 everyday. A pretty gemstone on my hand brightens my mood.

Respected Contributor

I loved gem day for a few reasons:

1.  I'm relatively newly retired and enjoyed being able to binge watch.

2.  We were snowed in anyway so it was nice to have something I love to watch.

3.  The easy pay was tempting.  I bought 2 sterling rings that were $89 and $68.  Pretty stones and affordable sterling.   The only real splurge was the Santa Maria pendant.  I know it's small but if the color is as pretty when I get it home as what I saw on the demo, I'll be keeping it.  I already have a larger aqua pendant so if I have to return this one, it won't be a big deal.