Honored Contributor

@Justice4all. I agree. Many pieces on Gem day? ....put them in silver, add Diamonique & they look like RIPKA pieces.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like Gem Day?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Appreciate Q's attempt to begin giving us what we've asked for in jewelry & beauty. Gem Day prices are too high...easy pay does not equal sale price.

I could not agree more.  I do love when Mary Beth is presenting the jewelry, some of the pieces are pretty.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I love gem day and for me, I love the bigger gems and pieces. I'm the type that wears whatever I want when I want to. I don't save pieces for special occasions.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

More than disappointed in the turquoise selections in that show. Nothing we haven't seen before. If Sleeping Beauty rare/expensive, move on to the many other colorations w/ matrix which I much before. There are greens, green blues, Chinese turquoise, too. Show me a Sleeping Beauty stone & a of plastic and they look the same to me. 

@Shanus wrote:

More than disappointed in the turquoise selections in that show. Nothing we haven't seen before. If Sleeping Beauty rare/expensive, move on to the many other colorations w/ matrix which I much before. There are greens, green blues, Chinese turquoise, too. Show me a Sleeping Beauty stone & a of plastic and they look the same to me. 

@Shanus   LOL~~~I think Sleeping Beauty looks like plastic too !

Have always thought that,  and always will..

Contributor

I'm really enjoying Gem Day and have been oohing and ahhing over a few of the csarite and peridot pieces, but I bought too much jewelry the past few months, so I am unfortunately on a self-imposed buying ban.

Respected Contributor

No, not when the selection is so poor and the prices are too high

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus yes I was thinking the same thing.  I like gems but IMO pricing is too high.

Esteemed Contributor
@Shanus you know one of the fun things about turquoise is all of the beautiful variations. Sure SB is rare but they've pushed it so hard and are missing other opportunities.
Respected Contributor

No, but at least I know I won't have to turn on QVC until tomorrow's TSV comes on. 

Honored Contributor

If I wasn't saving to buy a car, I would drop some money on the aquamarine, my birthstone.    But the prices on some of the pieces will come down.

I remember when Peyton brought the very special, unique vault discovery of emeralds, rubies & sapphires in a ring.   I think it was originally priced at $600, now it's $400.  I remember it because emerald is my son's birthstone, my DD is diamond and I'm always on the look-out for a emerald & diamond ring.    I have a small one but would like to upgrade.

So if you think the prices are high, be patient.

I'm a "rock" collector, I have many beautiful pieces of jewelry but I have to pass for now.

J329995