Honored Contributor

I am just drawn to the transluence of moonstone!  Everytime I go to my favorite boutique, I wish my standing jewelry amoire had expandle sides!  LOL!

I did get mu DIL a beautifup pyrite (fool's gold) teardrop pendant for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have Any Moonstone?

@ECBGIt's a lovely stone.  I have just 2 pieces and both have been in our family for well over 50 years.  I know they were around when I was little.  No idea how long before that.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful collection! I have one piece - a pendant similar to the top middle of your collection. Mine has a tiny amethyst drop on it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGIt's a lovely stone.  I have just 2 pieces and both have been in our family for well over 50 years.  I know they were around when I was little.  No idea how long before that.

@millieshopsThey've always been around it's just everyone wanted the higher semiprecious tier of stones that are semitransparent because they sparkle.  Think yellow citrine, amethyst, peridot, blue topaz.

Honored Contributor

Yes! My parents have a small figurine of a young girl with a head and hair carved in moonstone and a body carved of something else, I think soapstone. When I was young, I used to draw her over and over because the shape was so simple and easy to draw. I called her the Moonstone Maiden. 

I have a lot of pendants and necklaces of moonstone and rainbow moonstone, in part because they remind me of the Moonstone Maiden I loved so much as a child.

Honored Contributor

About 10 years ago,  I bought a lot of jewelry from Je  Gems in Bangkok.   This included earrings and pendant in rainbow moonstone.   I've never seen such blue moonstone; it's gorgeous.   It almost looks like Swiss blue topaz but with chatoyancy (sp?).   They carried some gorgeous jewelry before metal prices went up.   Then they got cheap like everyone else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Yes! My parents have a small figurine of a young girl with a head and hair carved in moonstone and a body carved of something else, I think soapstone. When I was young, I used to draw her over and over because the shape was so simple and easy to draw. I called her the Moonstone Maiden. 

I have a lot of pendants and necklaces of moonstone and rainbow moonstone, in part because they remind me of the Moonstone Maiden I loved so much as a child.

@ChynnaBlue,That's So interesting!  They remind me of the color I think angel's wings would be!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

About 10 years ago,  I bought a lot of jewelry from Je  Gems in Bangkok.   This included earrings and pendant in rainbow moonstone.   I've never seen such blue moonstone; it's gorgeous.   It almost looks like Swiss blue topaz but with chatoyancy (sp?).   They carried some gorgeous jewelry before metal prices went up.   Then they got cheap like everyone else. 

I have a blue moonstone ring from India, cabochon , 15 mm diameter. Very nice stone.It is said to be very lucky and therapeutic.

The effect is called adularesence, that travelling blue sheen.... Chatoyancy is a tiger eye and cats eye effect, I think. Learning from Michael V.....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  I collect primarily earrings and rings of all styles, from artisan crafted to pieces with other stones.  my favorite is an Indian blue moonstone with a halo of blue sapphire.  moonstones have such ethereal, shimmering qualities and you don't see enough excellent material.

Great thread!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

What a beautiful collection! I have one piece - a pendant similar to the top middle of your collection. Mine has a tiny amethyst drop on it. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom,Sweetie, that isn't my collection.  That's from a shop's site called Elementality.  They have amazing stones and jewelry.