Esteemed Contributor

I waited so long to finally get this tennis bracelet and I am just so dissapointed in how it looks now that I have it ! First of all I am not sure if the one I got is a return, did anyone else that ordered this bracelet from last week have it arrive in the regular green pouch , but wrapped in a small piece of bubble wrap instead of the usual plastic pouch that seals closed ? This is what makes me think it was a return maybe from the last show it was on before Christmas. I took it out and NO sparkle whatsoever !!! The stones are flat , dull and look to me like rock candy. I did clean it well, twice , and yes a bit of sparkle but nothing like I saw on the TV when it was ever presented. On TV it sparkels and shines all over the place !! I cannot justify spending that amount on a tennis bracelet that I could pick up at any store that sells coustume jewelery and has crystals. I am just sending it back and not requesting a replacement dont want to go through the bother.

I have many many other beautiful Judith pieces that I wear almost everyday. This one either slipped through QC or is a return, which makes me mad that the Q doesnt inspect returns better or better yet return them to Judith. I looked so forward to finally getting this bracelet , it makes me very sad too.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dissapointed In JR J-276205

Hi Kitty Galore, I am sorry you are disappointed in the bracelet. But I can tell you that you probably got a return or one that was a dud. I own two of these bracelets and the sparkle is off the charts even indoors ( many Ripkanistas who own and love this one will attest to this) . I would suggest you call CS and get an exchange ( I know they are on waitlist, but it's worth the trouble). I do hope you get a better replacement that you love. Good luck with your decision.
Frequent Contributor

Kitty - I don't know. The bubble wrap kinda makes me think you received a brand new bracelet. Usually when it's a return, you never get the bubble wrapping. However, I own this bracelet and I love the second one I received. The first one I got months ago was an obvious return - no sparkle and there were scratches on the underside of the bar closure. My replacement bracelet was perfect. I don't wear this bracelet every day, but when I do, I am proud to have it on my wrist. I wouldn't keep the one you have because I don't think you'll ever be pleased with it.
Valued Contributor

FWIW I received the Dew Drop Necklace {in its initial offering} wrapped in bubble and in a ring pouch. They are definitely cheapening the presentations!

Honored Contributor

I don't think being sent to a customer and returned causes lack of sparkle.

Super Contributor

Hi Kitty Galore!!!

I'm sorry that your bracelet just doesn't have that "sparkle" quality from TV., but it also could be due to the lighting. I noticed that a certain chain I had ordered had not looked that sparkly when I pulled it out of it's box. I decided to put it on and wear to see how it grew on me.....then I realized that in my house it would sparkle in the rooms were I had more LED lighting compared to the incandescent lighting!!

I think QVC has LED lighting when they are on air, similar to the same lighting in jewelry stores.....that could be what is going on here????

Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

Kitty ~ It sounds like you got a dud. Sorry to hear that you won't try for another.

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

On 2/10/2014 Me2Me said:

Hi Kitty Galore!!!

I'm sorry that your bracelet just doesn't have that "sparkle" quality from TV., but it also could be due to the lighting. I noticed that a certain chain I had ordered had not looked that sparkly when I pulled it out of it's box. I decided to put it on and wear to see how it grew on me.....then I realized that in my house it would sparkle in the rooms were I had more LED lighting compared to the incandescent lighting!!

I think QVC has LED lighting when they are on air, similar to the same lighting in jewelry stores.....that could be what is going on here????

Just a thought.

Say! You don't mean QVC might be using stage lighting to enhance the appearance of the jewelry it is selling and even to intensify the sparkle of mediocre stones!!! Wow! What a concept! Say it ain't so.

Cool

Esteemed Contributor

I read all of your replies and decided to take another look at the TB and I think maybe it is the lightening like Me2Me2 pointed out. It seems that in just regular light it doesnt seem like much, but in other lights such as LED, outdoors, or in store lights it sparkles like crazy !! So maybe that is what it is suppose to be like. And I am sure QVC has the very best lighting to show the jewelry in, we certainly woudlnt have that in our homes. I am still debating, but feel that the TB does indeed have sparkle and shine and cleaning it did seem to help I guess afterall. I find that with other pieces from QVC I sometimes have to clean them to bring out the shine when I first get them. dont know why that would be, but never had to do it with one of Judith's pieces that is why I figured I either got a dud or a return that maybe someone used something to clean it with and it runined it.

Thanks for your replies and comments {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}