Frequent Contributor

Disappointed in new JR jewelry

I have more Judith Ripka jewelry than any other designer.  I always look forward to her visits and check in regularly to see what's new.  It was disappointing to see that many of her pieces are merely variations on a theme, black spinel instead of Diamonique, for example.  Black spinel has had its day.  And the prices, Easy Pay irregardless, are outrageous.  $400 for an 8" sterling silver bracelet with a few black spinel stations.  Whew!  Nothing for my collection this time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed in new JR jewelry

I think a lot of us have felt this way for a long time.  My friend who never collected JR or watched QVC in the past loves the new things, so I guess they must be selling to new customers.  

To me the jewelry looks looks cheap without that beautiful rhodium finish. 

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of her early pieces or non-QVC pieces 

they have very little stones just detailed metal work.  Heavy and look very expensive.

These pieces can truly be worn with jeans or dressed up.

I miss those pieces, I wish she made more items like that.  Now everything has lots of stones and looks like evening jewelry.  I need day to day items!

Respected Contributor

Remember pieces like this?

Vintage-Judith-Ripka-Sterling-Hoop-Earrings-French-Clip

Trusted Contributor

I was viewing the JR overnight show pieces just a minute ago and checked out a ring with colored stones.  I watched the entire presentation as well as read the whole description and nowhere did it say what these stones were.  I can't help but wonder, what are they??  I don't like the doublets, triplets and faux stones that seem to be used so much today. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Shogirl If that ring was JRGemstoneRing in comes in Mint Quartz and Pave', Amethyst and Pave' and Blue Topaz and Pave'

Esteemed Contributor

I only have 2 pieces of Judith Ripka jewelry, not bought from QVC but from TSC in Canada which I bought on clearance as she's no longer a vendor. The stainless steel watch with the silicone strap is nice and I recently bought a bangle cz sterling silver bracelet. It's nice but I wouldn't have paid more than I did (about $60 CDN) for it. It's pretty but light weight and nothing about it says designer bracelet either.

Esteemed Contributor

Her jewelry still has the rhodium finish; I had a piece I purchased recently sized.  It's there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have those earrings. My Ripka pieces don't look that great to me anymore. It seems as if the metal color is darker than it was when they were new. My rings and earrings have been stored in Lori G's Silver Safekeeper and they have retained their coloration, but my necklace has been stored in the box it came in. Has anyone polished her pieces? If so, how did they turn out? What cleaning technique does the Q recommend for JR pieces?

Frequent Contributor

I agree, I have a few of her necklaces and the silver is terrible. Not shiny at all. I have tried to clean it, etc. If it was not marked sterling I would not believe it. Poor quality silver.