Trusted Contributor

Got an email yesterday about new Italian jewelry and when I looked I saw this new line - 10K gold.  Sorry, but not a fan of 10K and never will be.  Prices are pretty steep too - IMO.  Lots of Black Hills though - I know some on these boards really like that line - some pieces look pretty.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dieci - New Jewelry Line

I would take 10K any day over Bronzo and other plated metal kwap as long as they don't make it hollow and flimsy.

They're trying to appeal to customers who don't want plated jewelry and want gold at an affordable price.

The pieces shown are plain and unimaginative thus far, though.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Is this new line coming to QVC?  I don't mind 10K if the color matches 14K.  No one would know but me and 10K is stronger than 14K!

Honored Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

Is this new line coming to QVC?  I don't mind 10K if the color matches 14K.  No one would know but me and 10K is stronger than 14K!

Yes it is, but hasn't been presented yet. If you search QVC for Jewelry, then All Brands it will come up.

Regular Contributor

10K does not resemble 14K in color.  HSN sells a lot of 10k, but it won't be for me.  I mostly wear silver, but if I do buy gold, I don't care it it's resin filled, because why pay for gold you can't see.  I long for the days of old when even 18K was affordable, but those days are gone, and sadly won't be returning.

Respected Contributor

I have a few pieces of Michael Anthony 10K gold, and the color matches perfectly to my 14K.  He always states that he matches his 10K to 14K in his factory manufacturing process.  So, I will definitely take a look.  I love the "Hamilton Gold" color, which is a beige gold and not too bright and 10K seems to mimic this "Hamilton" color!

Trusted Contributor

10K can be found everywhere.  Most B&M and online retailers went the 10K route with very little 14K or 18K when gold skyrocketed.  Q chose Oro Nuovo and Bronzo. Guess they're playing catch up now.  JTV and HSN offer mostly 10K - I personally don't care for 10K and don't buy it.

Honored Contributor

Here's a bit of useless trivia: Dieci means ten in Italian. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@maggi the catI think you're right.  We're going to wait forever and a day before we see gold at the old prices again.  I think gold might even go up soon.  Makes me feel fortunate to already have a wardrobe of classic gold pieces.  I do like the bronze and wear what I bought, but I'm not buying more.  Also not buying more gold or more silver either though.  I'm one of the people making it hard for the jewelers to do well.

I no longer watch much when jewelry shows are on and just about the only time I've been in a jewelry store in the last 4 years was to have a watch battery changed!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@maggi the catI think you're right.  We're going to wait forever and a day before we see gold at the old prices again.  I think gold might even go up soon.  Makes me feel fortunate to already have a wardrobe of classic gold pieces.  I do like the bronze and wear what I bought, but I'm not buying more.  Also not buying more gold or more silver either though.  I'm one of the people making it hard for the jewelers to do well.

I no longer watch much when jewelry shows are on and just about the only time I've been in a jewelry store in the last 4 years was to have a watch battery changed!

My lifestyle doesn't lend itself to daily jewelry any more. Life is very simple for me now. What I'm buying is sterling in simple lines and a few whimsical casual pieces. Just don't need much.