Respected Contributor
On 8/29/2014 terrier3 said:
On 8/29/2014 Pepper22 said:

stephM, another suggestion is to go to Judith Ripka's blog here on the Q and request they bring it back. Her team & her reads this blog.

I bought the silver version quite a long time ago. Right now my daughter has it. She wears it quite often. So I would like to buy one for myself

She might read the blog (but I doubt it) - but she sold the right to design and produce her jewelry a while ago.

She is just a paid spokesperson now, like the Liz Claiborne lady.

Your facts are incorrect---she retained the role of Chief Designer. Excel brands is going to expand her line into new "lifestyle" products. We may see things like sunglasses, redesigned handbags and other accessories...it remains to be seen.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor
On 8/29/2014 culebra said:

No she didn't lose the right. She sold the rights to design other things with her style. I was surprised she did all the shows except middle of the night. She had to be tired last night. I am sure she made a lot of money.

The company that owns her line made all the money...she probably gets a commission.

She sold the company and got cash.

SHE never decided what was sold on QVC. The QVC buyers decide what will be presented. She is a vendor...not an executive at QVC.

Respected Contributor

Terrier, I don't understand your vehemence against everything about the Ripka line of jewelry. If you don't like these particular jewelry designs, that's fine, but why you wish to waste your time arguing about something you do not like, or who designs the pieces, or what items are shown on air, does not make sense to me.

I wish you peace and happiness. We cannot like everything, you know. And that is a good thing.

ETA: Steph, I hope you find a dew drop necklace in silver. It is one of my very favorite Ripka necklaces- it mimics her 18K and diamond couture piece wonderfully, and makes a woman feel like a princess from a faraway land wearing it.

Respected Contributor

Judith Ripka is an award winning world class jewelry designer. She certainly is not like the lady that represents Liz Claiborne. She designs nothing.

Honored Contributor
On 8/29/2014 Jersey Born said:

Terrier, I don't understand your vehemence against everything about the Ripka line of jewelry. If you don't like these particular jewelry designs, that's fine, but why you wish to waste your time arguing about something you do not like, or who designs the pieces, or what items are shown on air, does not make sense to me.

I wish you peace and happiness. We cannot like everything, you know. And that is a good thing.

ETA: Steph, I hope you find a dew drop necklace in silver. It is one of my very favorite Ripka necklaces- it mimics her 18K and diamond couture piece wonderfully, and makes a woman feel like a princess from a faraway land wearing it.

I have a lot of "early" QVC Ripka.

It was made with real gems and weighty SS.

This new stuff is junky and overpriced.

They need to return to quality pieces. In light of how poorly her last few TSVs have done (NO sell outs), the buyers will hopefully be listening.