Frequent Contributor

Confused re Rhodium plating Over Sterling Silver Rings!!!

I'm so upset and obviously I was ill informed about this subject when I bought my ring.

Interested to know if anyone else has experienced this. About 2 years ago DH bought me a Rhodium Plated (over S/S) 3 stone princess cut ring. It was absolutely gorgeous (2.50tcw).

I thought that the Rhodium was an extra layer of "security" to make the ring look nicer. I have worn this ring every day as my engagement ring.

Suddenly, I discovered, the back band of my ring has tarnished. I have used all my QVC diamonique S/S cleaners and cloths, etc., to no avail. I'm so sad about this. I can't wear this ring anymore.

I thought these rings had a lifetime warranty. Upon speaking to Customer Service just now I was told it was only the stone that were warrantied.

I'm confused as to why the Rhodium is plated over the S/S if it's just going to turn black. At least you can clean S/S when IT tarnishes.

I'm very sad. I love this ring with all my heart, but I'm hesitant to buy a replacement. Perhaps I'm better off looking for a S/S ring without plating.

Am I the only one that this has happened to? I'd love to hear your experiences and your advice. Thanks so much!!

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View