Valued Contributor

What I like about charm bracelets are no two are alike.Especially the ones you create. With the cash from my birthday I when to Dillards, they carry  James Avery jewelry. I purchase  sterling silver script inspirational charms, faith,love,family, hope, believe, etc.  along with a SS charm bracelet.James Avery jewelry is made in the USA, and their jewelry quality has not change since I have been purchasing  in over 20 years. With the  script charms  I had (JA also) and the new ones,  I have  a total of 11 charms on the bracelet. The charms are substantial not flimsy along with the bracelet. Dillard  solder all the charms at no charge. Wait time was a little over an hour to get the charms solder, so I when to lunch and came back. Lovely and different, now that's a charm bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

Charm bracelets are so charming!!!  I love them, always have.  So many years ago when gold was affordable one of my aunts had a very heavy duty 14K gold chain with tons of gold charms on it.  SO much fun to look at and admire the designs when I was a little girl.  Bums me out when I think about it because I have no idea whatever happened to it.

My same aunt would buy me sterling silver charms to add to my charm bracelet.  I have a few silver ones now.  I always love hearing the tinkle of the charms. 

@GRACIE  You're so right about how personal a charm bracelet is, the stories it may tell of any one owner. 

Bugs me why anyone would want to buy someone else's personal charm bracelet ie SK here with the ones she sells.  Makes me wonder why anyone would not create their own.  It's easy to do and so fun to peruse such a wide variety of charms to make one's own memories.

Valued Contributor

I have a pandora charm bracelet.
Every charm was a gift from my daughter, granddaughter and husband. It's most precious to me and has so much meaning.

This should be a personal thing that evokes beautiful memories and feelings.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Re: Charm Bracelets

[ Edited ]

@GRACIE and @PINKdogWOOD I usually avoid threads and discussions about charm bracelets. My idea of them is the more traditional style than the bracelets which are being sold today which in my opinion should be called something other than "charm bracelets". 

My mother started my 14K charm bracelet right before my only child was born. It remains one of my most cherished possessions. It has 20+ charms hanging from it that reflect my life, my interests, milestones, and special people in my life.  My bracelet tinkles and makes the most delicious sound when I wear it. 

Years ago when I was attending a seminar, the speaker said when you are going somewhere where you don't know many people or no one, you should try to wear something that will get attention or a question. For me, that "something" is my charm bracelet. What I didn't realize when I started using it as my ice breaker was that not only females notice it but men as well. I have had an entire table mesmerized as I told little tales of each charm. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

Tique, While I like pandora bracelets. I have traditional charms bracelets. This one is script letters with words that are either inspirational or spiritual( love,peace,hope,angels faith,family and believe, etc) No matter how my day is going this bracelet make me smile.I also have a heart charm bracelet I have added on thru the years. These bracelets speak for me without me saying a word. Love that.

Honored Contributor

I received my first charm bracelet for 8th grade graduation and since then, I've loved them.  Unless it is a charm bracelet with a specific theme, (I have two 14K bracelets purchased from QVC, one all angels, one all crosses.  I also have Ann King's crosses of the world) I want each charm to have personal meaning to me.

Honored Contributor

I totally did not think about Pandora charm bracelets.  When these first came out my husband started one for me.  He had continued to get me very special beads to add for special occasions.  My first one filled so qickly that I needed more chains.  My sister would add wonderful beads and dangles to add to more chains as well.  Then I started one or two for her.  So much fun to add charms that have meaning only for my husband and me and for my sis.

My first sterling was started by my parents probably when I was in high school.  I still have those bracelets, fun to look at and smile. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, they're all different unless you buy the one Shawn pushes in which case you get symbols which are meaningful to HER.  Never understood why people want that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love charm bracelets.  My first charm bracelet was a Monet, I have two Monet's now..  The bracelets never tarnish.  I love the sound the charms make. I will have to check out Dillards and James AverySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I love charm bracelets.  My first charm bracelet was a Monet, I have two Monet's now..  The bracelets never tarnish.  I love the sound the charms make. I will have to check out Dillards and James AverySmiley Happy

I have 2 Monets from the 70's......still love them!!