Valued Contributor

"But a check, really"

Please explain the reason for the above - I write checks all the time and, pardon me, but I never realized that this could  elicit a "really" comment.

Really?

Honored Contributor

In the past the hosts used to say they weren't allowed to order something until they were sure there was sufficient quantity for the audience first.

But it certainly seems she orders everything, in every color, for everyone.

Honored Contributor

What difference does it make what form of payment she's telling them to use since this is just a big sales schtick to beging with?  The fact that she told them to put it on a check is the least of the issues here.

According to the hosts on HSN, if they order an item, if it sells out their order is bumped and it's given to a customer and they have to go on waitlist.     

Honored Contributor

Did she say she has five on them at home in every size and color?  That is what Carolyn usually says about EVERYTHING.

Valued Contributor

All I will comment on is Carolyn with Judith Ripka was just NOT a good pairing. Yikes! They totally don't go together. 

As for Carolyn ordering, I take that with a grain of salt. She already has multiples of everything she presents anyway and her selling tactic would never persuade me to buy anything anyway. Her taste in jewelry & clothes is just so far off from my own.  

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I enjoyed Caroline today with Judith. She seemed to really like presenting the jewelry. She even mentioned that she would get into trouble if she ordered the earrings I ordered rhodolite garnets with pink mother of pearl (no diamonique). She was hoping that her husband would order them for her from what I inferred.

In defense of Carolyn, she orders a lot but she also donates a lot . She has a big home with lots of space. I think she is an enthusiastic person who enjoys everything she owns.

How do you know she donates a lot of her items? Also, have you seen her house? I don't understand why someone would buy a lot of items and then donate them. It does not make any sense. It is nice she is enthusiastic but is she believable!! I am sure she will buy everyone of the capris on Saturday so she can donate them to the less fortunate.

@elated, she said that she tires of things easily and donates what she doesn't want. Her house has been shown on her blog and also on Facebook.

Whether we understand why she shops and gets rid of things quickly is not my business. She clearly seems like a happy lady who enjoys life and who am I to question her shopping habits.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I enjoyed Caroline today with Judith. She seemed to really like presenting the jewelry. She even mentioned that she would get into trouble if she ordered the earrings I ordered rhodolite garnets with pink mother of pearl (no diamonique). She was hoping that her husband would order them for her from what I inferred.

In defense of Carolyn, she orders a lot but she also donates a lot . She has a big home with lots of space. I think she is an enthusiastic person who enjoys everything she owns.

How do you know she donates a lot of her items? Also, have you seen her house? I don't understand why someone would buy a lot of items and then donate them. It does not make any sense. It is nice she is enthusiastic but is she believable!! I am sure she will buy everyone of the capris on Saturday so she can donate them to the less fortunate.

@elated, she said that she tires of things easily and donates what she doesn't want. Her house has been shown on her blog and also on Facebook.

Whether we understand why she shops and gets rid of things quickly is not my business. She clearly seems like a happy lady who enjoys life and who am I to question her shopping habits.

While you made it your business when you stated :In defense of Carolyn, she orders a lot but she also donates a lot  So, I guess you are walking back your comment.