Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

Why tacky?  They've been doing that since LR was a host.  Some hosts will do it and others will not.  Depends on how bad they want it.

True....host order while selling...but they never say put it on check order...i figure she said that so she can cancel it as soon as she gets off air...but meantime her followers will scoop it up...selling tactic for sure...

Respected Contributor

The thought occurs to me...do the producers really have the time/interest to put in an order for a host? I wonder. They are very busy when the show is being presented.  Do they have access to a host's account?

Second, don't the hosts see the products before they are presented?

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Carolyn owns every item she ever presents....did you ever hear her go on & on (and sometimes multiple colors!) -- so maybe she didn't have that 1 JR bracelet😉 Gotta get it before it "sells out"!

I own many beautiful silver pieces from JR from the first few years she was on Q - then she offered beautiful quality things. 

Yes, and at prices that were reasonable.  I also have a few pieces from the past but will no longer purchase anything Ripka.  Looks like cheap, over-the-top costume jewelry, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Yeah,  like I believe the hosts give their credit card info and Pin numbers to co-workers who they probably know only very casually.   That's pure BS and a cheap sales tactic.   I love Carolyn but not when she pulls a trick like that... Her credibility plummets. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've heard other hosts tell the producer to order for them while on air.  If QVC allows it what's the big deal about using a check?

How is this a selling tactic?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caroline And JR

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

Carolyn owns every item she ever presents....did you ever hear her go on & on (and sometimes multiple colors!) -- so maybe she didn't have that 1 JR bracelet😉 Gotta get it before it "sells out"!

I own many beautiful silver pieces from JR from the first few years she was on Q - then she offered beautiful quality thin

That is so true. She must own every item she sells. When it comes to D&C line she owns them in multiples. She must have a very big house and closet. I don't believe a word she says anymore. In fact, she is one of the hosts that I will not watch.
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Caroline today with Judith. She seemed to really like presenting the jewelry. She even mentioned that she would get into trouble if she ordered the earrings I ordered rhodolite garnets with pink mother of pearl (no diamonique). She was hoping that her husband would order them for her from what I inferred.

In defense of Carolyn, she orders a lot but she also donates a lot . She has a big home with lots of space. I think she is an enthusiastic person who enjoys everything she owns.

Respected Contributor

I rather like Carolyn with Judith Ripka.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I enjoyed Caroline today with Judith. She seemed to really like presenting the jewelry. She even mentioned that she would get into trouble if she ordered the earrings I ordered rhodolite garnets with pink mother of pearl (no diamonique). She was hoping that her husband would order them for her from what I inferred.

In defense of Carolyn, she orders a lot but she also donates a lot . She has a big home with lots of space. I think she is an enthusiastic person who enjoys everything she owns.

How do you know she donates a lot of her items? Also, have you seen her house? I don't understand why someone would buy a lot of items and then donate them. It does not make any sense. It is nice she is enthusiastic but is she believable!! I am sure she will buy everyone of the capris on Saturday so she can donate them to the less fortunate.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.