Super Contributor

Caroline on with JR, and orders a bracelet while on air.  Tells producer, while on air"order bracelet for me, and put it in as a check,Talk about tacky. It's enough that she orders on air, but a check, really.

Honored Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

Caroline on with JR, and orders a bracelet while on air.  Tells producer, while on air"order bracelet for me, and put it in as a check,Talk about tacky. It's enough that she orders on air, but a check, really.

Selling tactic...carolyn does that often.
Super Contributor

So this is what selling has become??

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to see Carolyn doing a JR show.  Wonder if someone else was originally scheduled?  Nothing against Carolyn, just not used to seeing her doing a jewelry show.

Respected Contributor

Why tacky?  They've been doing that since LR was a host.  Some hosts will do it and others will not.  Depends on how bad they want it.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't remember the last time I wrote out a check!  Don't even remember where my checkbook is!!

Honored Contributor

@makenaI agree.  Nothing tacky about it.  Putting it on check is actually classy of her -  if enough outside customers want her size, QVC can easily give up her order because it won't be processed until they receive her money.

If it's just a sales tactic, it's not one that entices me to spend nor does it bother me.  It's a shopping channel, not a museum.  I expect the host and the vendor to work to sell product.

Honored Contributor

Another seeling tactic is to say when it gets close to selling out, that now there wont be any left for me.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why a check is tacky; but in any case, I really think this is just for show, and no one is actually ordrering anything.  JMO, I have no proof of course.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Carolyn owns every item she ever presents....did you ever hear her go on & on (and sometimes multiple colors!) -- so maybe she didn't have that 1 JR bracelet😉 Gotta get it before it "sells out"!

I own many beautiful silver pieces from JR from the first few years she was on Q - then she offered beautiful quality things.