Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT  I'd have to give a plug to our hometown gal,  Carolyn Pollack,  for the good quality and excellent CS she offers.   She is really branching out into styles other than Southwestern,  which is a smart move.   Other lines are kind of hit or miss.   I like the Gems en Vogue line at Evine most of the time but some people find it too ornate.   I think Or Paz and Hagit at QVC are a good value.   I like their big, contemporary electro form pieces especially.   I even like some of Jay Kings big rock necklaces but wouldn't buy turquoise from any TV channel.   His workmanship is not the best but I just like rocks.   He's very good at fixing things that go awry.   (I once dropped off a broken necklace at his shop.   Before I got home,  they called to say it was ready.)  I don't buy from other HSN vendors. 

Thanks for your kind words. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Kachina624, for your info.  I do have a number of Carolyn's pieces, which I treasure.  If I were rich, I would buy it all.  

i also have a few from Hagit and Or Paz, but no desire to buy more.  I was sure you would have some good advice, as you do know your jewelry.  I remember from some of your posts you have a very large collection of all southwestern designers.

Respected Contributor

I like southwest style jewelry, but I don't care for the oxidized look.  I know, a lot of it has that!

It is beautiful artistically, but the oxidation seems to take away all the brightness I love about silver.

Carolyn Pollack has nice jewelry, but it's almost all oxidized.  I gave a couple pieces away because I didn't enjoy wearing them without the brightness. 

Hyacinth

Contributor

I ordered quite a few pieces and all but one ring have self-destructed. they all fell apart with occasional wear to wearing only once or twice. Poorest  quality lI have ever seen before for in jewelry.. I'm not hard on my jewelry, but  Rarities is guaranteed to fall apart on you.. The gemstones fall out left and right, clasps break or never work well from the start. Her line is pricey with poor quality and I just cant see spending hundreds on  mystery metals  unless I'm so rich that buying disposal jewelry is the norm.

Frequent Contributor

I have several of her pieces. The quality is hit or miss. I have returned as much as I have kept. The keepers are some of my most worn, loved pieces. 

If you decide to order then wear the piece as much as possible right away so that if it breaks, looses a stone or does not perform well you can send it back. 

She does twist the truth in her presentations, read the item description on the website carefully. She will rave about her "natural" rubies and sapphires etc. which are almost always poor quality glass filled- now they might still be very pretty but they are not valuable. So buyer beware. Know what you are buying and decide if it is worth the cost to you. I actually kept some glass filled pieces that I consider costume jewerly and I can always replace the stone if I want to. 

But it does bother me how she and Connie and Adam will twist the truth..... Cat Frustrated