Valued Contributor

Bixby order changed to back order

So disappointed.  Ordered the new Bixby ring in blue topaz($89).  Put it on my credit card.  It was still listed as available.  My order was confirmed.  Three hours later, it was changed to Backorder.  What a let-down !  This has never happened to me.  They only keep it on backorder for 2 weeks and then they cancel the order.   Has this happened to others?  CS said they when they check with the warehouse, there isn't enough stock to fill the orders.  If I had known this could happen, I would have ordered it the day before the presentation was aired. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bixby order changed to back order

@mia 2 yes it's happened to me.  Here, on HSN, and Evine.  It's a huge disappointment.

Valued Contributor

Thanks makena.  Helped cheer me up.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry about that. Yes, it has happened to me many times, and not just on jewelry-but also makeup.  This is occurring more frequently lately.  They are overselling. They are not stocking as much as they used to. It is an adjustment to their business practices and I do not think it is an honest practice to sell anything for you do not have sufficient stock.

Maybe someone will cancel before the 2 weeks is up.  Check frequently and call if you really want this ring.  Good luck. 

Trusted Contributor

I've had it happen with clothing.  Sort of makes me wonder why the hosts tell us how many of an item are left.  I guess David should stop interupting vendors with amount left, QVC doesn't seem to have a real hold on amount they have in inventory.  I also think they over sell on several items.

Valued Contributor

kjae~~I did call and even got through to a manager.  CS and manager said there is nothing they can do.  I asked them to kindly put me on a waitlist after the 2 week waiting period is up and they said they can't do that.  I think that makes it even worse, when they say there is nothing they can do.  But, at least I tried.  Thank you kjae for the suggestion.

To all about this, if I had known I wasn't going to get this, there were other items I would have bought.  By the time my order went to backorder, the other items I wanted were sold out.  So it does affect the customer. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have had it happen to me.  I actually still have an order over at HSN (which normally has great service) that I ordered in November that is still showing as being in "packaging"!   When I asked about it they said they were still trying to get it for me so obviously they sold too many.  I've also had it happen with websites like Hautelook.  It is very disappointing. 

Valued Contributor

I wish QVC would also keep it on backorder at least for more than 2 weeks so maybe if someone returned it or they got more stock, my order could be filled.  I don't understand why only 2 weeks and then order is cancelled.  Usually CS is extremely helpful with everything, but this time I got a strong "No, nothing we can do for you."  Not usual for them.