Trusted Contributor

In tonight's presentation of the TSV and her fabulous ring, both Antonella and Barbara keep referring to the one stone as "pink garnet".  I thought I remembered in the past they used the term rhodolite.  I realize the connection between garnet and rhodolite , but wondered why the change?  Or, perhaps, I am "misremembering".  I know it is not significant, but I am curious.

Honored Contributor

I've always head it called rhodolite.   Maybe they're trying to simplify it for viewers who know nothing about gemstones. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Kachina624.  Perhaps I am not losing my mind.  I do think that it even looks a bit lighter in color saturation.  Anyway, it is still lovely but too expensive for me right now.

Valued Contributor

The Bixby  bracelet is beautiful, but a magnetic closure should have a safety clasp. If you buy this be careful because I have a bracelet with this same design and  one day I look and the bracelet had fallen off.  This happen twice,long story short I stop wearing it, until l had a jeweler  putt on a safety clasp. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gracie wrote:

The Bixby  bracelet is beautiful, but a magnetic closure should have a safety clasp. If you buy this be careful because I have a bracelet with this same design and  one day I look and the bracelet had fallen off.  This happen twice,long story short I stop wearing it, until l had a jeweler  putt on a safety clasp. 

I agree with you.  I purchased a bracelet that wasn't all that expensive that had a magnetic clasp and I couldn't even wear it once because the magnet wasn't strong enough to hold it.  I should have returned it.  Without a safety closure it will come off.  For over 400 dollars there is no way I would wear this beautiful bracelet out of the house taking a huge chance of losing it.  

Honored Contributor
Thank you, Ladies.
Respected Contributor
Wish I had seen Antonella wear the 8" to see how it fit her wrist. Have to say though I am very skeptical about the magnetic clasp. Just this winter I have lost two magnetic clasp bracelets, fortunately not as expensive as Bixby's but still sick about it.