Occasional Contributor

For years I was a confirmed Ripkanista.   Over the last year I have switched to the Bixby line.  Real gemstones.  Inventive designs.  A quiet, knowledgable and thoughtful  presentation by a artist who has a unique perspective.  I am looking forward to receiving my recent purchases the tsv, the dragon key pendant and the 36 length bracelet.   The item that truly made me appreciate her line was the abalone skull ring.  The play of color,  the edgy design.  It was a refreshing take on an unusual subject.   What I truly love is when she intoduces a concept like her charms and jezebel ring,  the line is available for a sufficient amount of time so customers can buy into the concept at a reasonable pace without fear that it will not be dropped in six months.  I still purchase Ripka occassionally, but my new love is definitely bixby.

Respected Contributor

Welcome @wallflower2!! I've been collecting BB for over 10 years. I also buy JR but mostly her watches. I know exactly how you feel. Once you see the detail, quality gemstones and workmanship it's difficult to go back. 

I also bought the TSV and thought it was amazing. Can't wait to get it.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@wallflower2 wrote:

For years I was a confirmed Ripkanista.   Over the last year I have switched to the Bixby line.  Real gemstones.  Inventive designs.  A quiet, knowledgable and thoughtful  presentation by a artist who has a unique perspective.  I am looking forward to receiving my recent purchases the tsv, the dragon key pendant and the 36 length bracelet.   The item that truly made me appreciate her line was the abalone skull ring.  The play of color,  the edgy design.  It was a refreshing take on an unusual subject.   What I truly love is when she intoduces a concept like her charms and jezebel ring,  the line is available for a sufficient amount of time so customers can buy into the concept at a reasonable pace without fear that it will not be dropped in six months.  I still purchase Ripka occassionally, but my new love is definitely bixby.

Check out the frog ring; it's fabulous!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  I agree with you, she is amazing.  I have had several of her pieces for years.  They are always wonderful.  Her presentations are entertaining and informative too.

Honored Contributor

her rings are a weakness of mine......so much beautiful detail. they ALWAYS get noticed. another favorite of mine is her original eastern chain. it is heavy and beautiful. i hope to eventually get her rhodium eastern chain AND her eastern chain with the gemstones.

welcome to the bixby club! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

After several of my very expensive Michael Dawkins purchases broke I stopped buying his designs and I loved them (still do)..... after several problems with Judith Ripka's designs I went over to Barbara Bixby's and have to tell you I am exceedingly impressed. I bought her 18" necklace with the little closure everyone has trouble with but I didn't and I love the necklace.  I've purchased a heart enhancer that makes that necklace an incredible statement.  It's very expensive and eventually I have to come back for more..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  

I purchased her textured link necklace this weekend.  I have her 22 inch leather necklace that I use for charms.  I am hoping that the textured link will set off what I hope will be a growing collection.

Occasional Contributor

Her rings are great.  In addition to the skull I have the two jezebels, the snake and the jack in the pulpit.  I also have a citrine ring I purcased years ago as a tsv.  

Her rings are architectural but comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bixby Convert

[ Edited ]

@wallflower2 wrote:

Her rings are great.  In addition to the skull I have the two jezebels, the snake and the jack in the pulpit.  I also have a citrine ring I purcased years ago as a tsv.  

Her rings are architectural but comfortable.

i have three of the jezebel rings (i want two more.....), two shangri la,  the snake (boy do i get a lot of compliments on that almost every time i wear it), the grasshopper, the peacock, the garuda bird, and the quan yin......i think thats it! lol

my mom has a few also, so i have dipped into her jewelry stash sometimes.

they are showstoppers with so many details.

will have to look up the "jack in the pulpit" ring.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Love Barbara, I really love her rings.  Her pieces are always substantial and you know you are getting your moneys worth.  I usually get her rings when they are a todays special.