Honored Contributor

Anyone ever purchase jewelry from Alex & Ani?

i have seen ads for this company and am intrigued by many of their designs.  I wondered if anyone had ordered and if so, what the quality was like and also the service?

Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone ever purchase jewelry from Alex & Ani?

I have six I always wear....I wear them in the shower ....they've held up well and have a nice variety.  They are about 6 years old 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are very well made and I give them as gifts.  Their shipping is fast and the bracelets come with their box and the romance card inside.  Nordstrom sells them, but they just come in a Nordstrom box with no Romace card.  I think it's important to present the bracelet with the card that explains about the bracelet.  If you sign up for emails at the Alex and Ani sight, they will send you coupons and free shipping notices.  They just had one last week to celebrate their 12th anniversary.  Nordstrom Rack also sells Alex and Ani for half the price. They are usually the retired ones.

Trusted Contributor

I started receiving Alex and Ani bracelets as gifts a couple years ago and I love them! I got tired of the pandora bracelet that I had been wearing and they are too heavy for my liking. I can layer the Alex and Ani bracelets and they are still very lightweight. 

Honored Contributor

They are NOT fine metal, and not intended to be. 

The sentiments expressed are lovely, and I wear several of mine often. They mean more than some of my fine jewelry to me.

Frequent Contributor

I have collected about 20 of them. I usually don't wear them all at once but I have before.  I absolutely love them! I have a tiny wrist and I like that they can be adjusted to fit me. I have gotten many of mine as gifts and have also given some as gifts and they have always been special. They are definitely worth giving a try. I hope you enjoy them!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a number of these bracelets.  Most of mine are the white metal but I do have a few in the "gold."  I mix them and wear them together. 

The Alex & Ani website usually offers 15% off on Black Friday.  That's about the only time these bracelets are ever on sale unless you can find one you like at Nordstrom Rack. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and I love the jewelry!  For the past five years it has been a tradiion for the women to give each other a bracelet or two as Christmas gifts!   I have about eight.  Very well made and durable.  Shipping is pretty quick.  I've never had to return anything.

Honored Contributor

I have given them as gifts for people I know who wear them.

Personally, I don't care for them.

Honored Contributor

Our DIL collects them as do a lot of my friends.  I've been given a few.  Personally I prefer the sterling silver line QVC carries. (so does Zulily)  When I wear mine, most people think they are A & A. I'm always asked why mine look so shiny (and nice) compared to theirs.

I've read negative reviews about Q's line.  I've never lost a charm or had any problems with the quality.