Trusted Contributor

Another Jewelry TSV!

[ Edited ]

For all the jewelry fans like myself - even if you're not purchasing but just to check out various products - there looks like another TSV on 8/15/23.  I enjoy seeing different variety of gems and trends so hoping this will be a good event.  

Personally I like 2-tone pieces & the versatility so would love to see a new mix at a moderatel price.  Last Gem Day I ordered a sterling paperclip necklace with an ametrine gemstone in a gold bezel.  I ended up returning it because the ametrine looked nothing like the presentation which showed a true demarcation of amethyst & citrine.  The one I got was all amethyst & definitely not the same standard as the one shown during the presentation.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Nova. I am sorry you didn't love the ametrine in the paperclip necklace you received. I have two ametrines in my collection - one is about a 4-5 carat rectangle, and is set in a minimalistic  silver pendant (from HSN years ago), and the other is a larger emerald cut from QVC set in 14K yellow gold. They each have decent (about 60/40) demarcation, but the one from QVC has excellent purple and yellow color as well. I purchased that one many years ago, too.

I am fascinated that the ametrines come from only one mine, the Anahí mine in Bolivia. There is an article on ametrine at the GIA website entitled Anahí's "New" Ametrine that you might find interesing.  I had no idea that, currently, the cutting of the ametrines does not seek to get an even split of color, like they initially did.

I hope you find something else that you do love, set in two-tone metal.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nova 

Thanks for the jewelry alert!

Great ametrines are hard to find. The last time I saw one in person was my jeweler, who brings in a gem hunter for two days every August. He had gems from all over the spectrum and I felt I was behind the glass looking at specimens at the Smithsonian.

Now I'm on a jag of quality tourmalines, specifically indicolite. But I'll take something on the Q for now. I hope it's not the beaded bracelet lady--I have several of her pieces, but I'm good for now.

@Jersey Born  by the way, I ordered the JAI rainbow bridge cuff bracelet to go with my ring. It's lovely and unique. You could say Apollo inspired me.

Trusted Contributor

@Jersey Born  @Sammycat1  Thank you both for your kind replies!  Like most of us jewelry fans I have collected a fair amount of gemstones - some more expensive than others.  The ametrines you both mention sound spectacular!

The fun part of being a jewelry enthusiast is always being on the lookout for something new.  Let's hope this event is a good one.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 - My dear Apollo is now confined to a lovely cherry wood box with a brass nameplate on the top. It is so difficult to know that he is no longer there to snuggle, to pet, or to enjoy. He was so amusing with his facial expressions, food likes and dislikes, behaviors, and stubbornness (oh how he hated and resisted getting into the tub for a bath-- until he got massaged with a soapy washcloth in the tub-- then it was just fine).  

I really like that rainbow bridge cuff, and I wear it almost daily with the matching ring. as a tribute to Apollo, and as a reminder that I truly did have a dog for 13 1/2 years, and it was not all just a dream that I had such a fluffy, gorgeous, loyal, loving, wonderful companion. I doubt I will get another dog. I am glad you like your cuff, too. I hope you are enjoying your tourmalines, also. Indicolite is such a bright, pretty shade of blue. 

@nova - It is so nice to be able to discuss gemstones with others, and I am glad we can have such conversations online. It will be excitng to find out what the latest offerings are. I recently ordered a couple of larger rock crystal pieces from Michael Valituti's Gems en Vogue and a large princess cut Bolivian citrine (in a ring). Cut rock crystal with perfect clarity is fun to look at, as it is like a permanent ice carving that will not melt. Neato, in my humble opinion.  

Regular Contributor

The program guide for Aug. 15 says the show will be Affinity Diamonds, so it might be an expensive TSV.

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Jewelry TSV!

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1  @Jersey Born 

I also have the rainbow bridge cuff. I think it is a lovely, awesome piece. It plays well with a lot of jewelry.

So glad I didn't wait to purchase this. I wear it frequently and may I say, I get constant comments and compliments, and inquiries as to wear I bought it.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS - That rainbow bridge cuff goes with any garnet, citrine, amethyst, blue topaz  or peridot ring or necklace. It truly is a versatile piece. I am wearing it today, in fact. It seems to be back in stock in all sizes except for XS. Glad you are enjoying wearing yours, too.

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born  I try to wear it everyday! 🥰