Honored Contributor

Re: Alex & Ani Bracelets -- A Fad or a Classic?

I am wearing 7 of them today on the same wrist as my watch.  Some I've had for a couple of years, 2 I just got this year for christmas.  All are the silvertone bangles and they all look perfectly fine.  They all have meaning to me.     

Honored Contributor

I think they're a fad, but does it really matter if people are enjoying them in the here and now?

They're not my thing, but I'm sure others would turn their noses up at some of the stuff I like.

Respected Contributor

I actually love mine and I am a senior lady.  Each one that I own holds a special meaning of special times with my family.  My most recent bracelet is from Disney. My daughter was recently married at Disney, so it is especially meaningful.  I will say that I am hoping for Alex and Ani to offer a bracelet that you can remove the charms from the adjustable bracelet and put it on a charm bracelet type.  Like another poster, I'm getting quite a collection just from gifts.   I don't really consider them a fad, but like all styles of jewelry, they just won't be front and center in time.  I have over 10 so I don't wear them all at the same time, but they would make a beautiful charm bracelet

Trusted Contributor

It's technically a classic, but I don't see anyone wearing them anymore, and some of mine showed wear in a matter of weeks.  I'll put the rest out at the garage sale.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Super Contributor

I have about 8'of the bracelets, and love them.  They may bot get to be the "classic" like a Tiffany charm bracelet, but they will be something,to be remembered.

Trusted Contributor

They may be a classic and lots of people love them for the meaning the charms hold for them.  They aren't my thing, although I do have a sterling charm bracelet of the more traditional style that I've had since my college days.  I still wear it occasionally.  Since I am more into classic styles, the A & A bracelets are not for me.

Respected Contributor

Charm type bracelets and their variations seem to come and go. I bought some a few years ago but the only ones I haven't had trouble with are the wrap style. The others pretty much fell apart. No more for me.

Respected Contributor

i have 3 or 4.  i only wear them in nicer weather.   there is a gift shop in town that used to have an entire wing dedicated to A + A  jewelry.  now it is closed it off  and there is one small counter holding their bracelets and necklaces. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was fun jewelry that young girls wear.  My niece asked for several for her birthday one year.  I will have to ask her whether they are still popular.

classic or fad, I guess if you like them, it shouldn't really matter.

Super Contributor

I purchased one Alex and Ani bracelet and when I received it, I immediately noticed how cheaply made it was and how bad it looked.  Have never worn it and finally gave it to a granddaughter the other day.  She's 8 years old and thought it was "pretty, Nana", so she'll maybe wear it until it falls apart.