Contributor

I am interested in the Affinity 1 carat twisted shank ring for $1,199.00

Does anyone have an experience or an opinion on this ring. Never spent this

much on a ring from QVC before.

Contributor

Hi CRV: I don't know which ring you are considering however I do have an opinion re Affinity. I have been looking for a unique diamond right hand ring for a while and the minimum cost for pave stones in a gold ring at my local jeweler is about $5,000. So I have been looking at Affinity more closely lately. A few weeks ago, I bought my first Affinity ring - J287679 (pave vintage, 1 carat) - it was beautifully designed with reasonably sized sparkly diamonds on the top. Loved it and said so in my review - however after only 3 days of wear, a stone fell out of the shank so I had to return it. I liked it so much though that yesterday I picked up J274348 (pave, art deco, 1 carat with white and rose gold), apparently the last one. If it looks as good as the first ring, I will be very happy. Good luck with your decision.

New Contributor

CRV,

I just purchased the ring you are inquiring about at the QVC outlet last week. They were having a great sale and I couldn't pass it up. I do love the halo setting and there is a good amount of gold on this ring. The ring does have some sparkle to it. Of course the diamonds aren't flawless, but they are eye clean. For the price, I think it is a good value. After I bought the ring, I read the reviews on it. A few people had trouble with losing a stone on this ring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be one of the unfortunate ones that loses a stone. I've lost stones on other rings that I've had and it is not a good feeling, but it does happen. All in all, it is a very pretty ring.

Trusted Contributor

This question is a little off topic, but everyone here probably knows more about this than I do. If you buy a ring you love, and get a good price to boot, would it be worthwhile to take it to a jeweler and have the setting checked? I'm not really a ring person, but if I knew that some other buyers had had problems with stone loss, I'd head over to my jeweler with it pronto to have the setting checked. If you love a piece, you don't want to lose a stone.

Wouldn't that help safeguard your ring's stones? Or no?

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't go with Affinity--the only spec they give is carat weight, not color or clarity. You could do better on e-bay or etsy.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 T said:

CRV,

I just purchased the ring you are inquiring about at the QVC outlet last week. They were having a great sale and I couldn't pass it up. I do love the halo setting and there is a good amount of gold on this ring. The ring does have some sparkle to it. Of course the diamonds aren't flawless, but they are eye clean. For the price, I think it is a good value. After I bought the ring, I read the reviews on it. A few people had trouble with losing a stone on this ring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be one of the unfortunate ones that loses a stone. I've lost stones on other rings that I've had and it is not a good feeling, but it does happen. All in all, it is a very pretty ring.

Just a suggestion. Why not take it to your jeweler's and have them make sure all the prongs are tight?