Respected Contributor

For some necklaces, I have to turn them around so I can see how to clasp it anyway. I think what's more important is being able to get it off and on easily. I never give thought to clasp placement. Maybe some people wouldn't even have noticed. But if it was a goof, they should have sent it back anyway.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/20/2014 ennui1 said:

Maybe it was designed for left-handed people, like some can openers.

RE bracelet clasps, well, there are different ways to put on a bracelet. And, two wrists to choose from.

I'm beginning to think that people just like to complain. All. The. Time. About everything. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I put all my clasp bracelets on the same way, on the same wrist, and this one was backwards. I would not have returned it just for that, but I decided that it was just not worth what I paid for it, so back it went. I am much more picky these days and have vowed to not buy on impulse anymore. Regarding the OP, at least Lisa pointed out the flaw, then people can decide to buy it or not.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

I just returned a Steel By Design bracelet that was impossible to close. Not only was the bracelet too stiff to hold with one hand and and clip with the other but the ""pull"" on the clasp was upside down. Called CS and they said they'd refund my return shipping so I sent it back. There's no excuse for poor manufactured jewelry. What the heck happened to the ""Q"" in QVC?

Maria

Honored Contributor

Are they still trying to sell this stuff as ""real"" jewelry?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
New Contributor
On 1/20/2014 ennui1 said:

Maybe it was designed for left-handed people, like some can openers.

RE bracelet clasps, well, there are different ways to put on a bracelet. And, two wrists to choose from.

I'm beginning to think that people just like to complain. All. The. Time. About everything. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

And you are including yourself in this assessment, I assume???

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure all the left-handers are all {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} and "now you know how we feel about every necklace ever! Boo-hoo about your one wonky necklace. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}"

I don't know what piece this is, so I have no idea if this would work, but when I get a pendant with a clasp like that, I slide the chain out and re-insert it the other direction.

If it bothers you, don't buy it. But if so many left-handed people can adapt to the many right-handed necklaces out there, it seems like it shouldn't be impossible for the right-handers to manage it.

Valued Contributor
On 1/20/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/20/2014 Pagan said:

I didn't even know there was a 'right' side.

I put my chains on any old way, I don't think it makes a difference which side has the clasp.

I am right handed. I cannot put a necklace on where the clasp is on the left side, meaning I have to open the clasp with my left hand.

how different we all are! I'm right handed and I don't have the slightest difficulty opening a clasp with my left hand. I can't imagine what's hard about it! How funny!

I think we must just get used to doing things a particular way and then we can't adapt. I bet I have a preference in some other area that you'd have absolutely no issues with!

Anyway, I'm going to pay attention to my necklaces now to see if there's usually a 'right' side that the clasp is on. I must be the least observant person!

Valued Contributor

The item referred to in this thread is J288274 GILI for Bronzo Black Spinel Necklace. It is a "fixed" chain attached to crescent shape black spinel. Sure enough, the photo shows clasp is on the left side but not mentioned in the written description.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor
On 1/20/2014 shoptheQ said:

The item referred to in this thread is J288274 GILI for Bronzo Black Spinel Necklace. It is a "fixed" chain attached to crescent shape black spinel. Sure enough, the photo shows clasp is on the left side but not mentioned in the written description.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Wow,that's really bad business.
Trusted Contributor

I'm a lefty and I just flip over necklaces to clasp them. They usually have a swivel clasp and that's helpful. IMO, it's no big deal which side the clasp is on. Bracelets are sometimes a bit more difficult so I sometimes use a "Bracelet Buddy."

Member Since 11/20/2008