Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

A Question About Morganite

I read these forums often and learn so much from the ladies who post here. You all really know your jewlery facts. I have a question about Morganite. I bought a morganite ring from shop nbc a couple of months ago. It was a beautiful clear peachy pink stone set in rose gold and I was thrilled with it. I noticed though, that the stone has become cloudy and murky looking. I am very unhappy with it..but it is past the return date. I was wondering if anyone knows why this would happen..is this something that happens with this stone in particular? I have an aqua marine tennis bracelet in which the stones have clouded a little too, although not to the extent that the morganite did. I was thinking that this may be a problem with beryl stones, as it is my understanding that morganite an aqua marine are both in the beryl family of gemstones. I am going to call and complain to shopnbc, and hope that will give me a refund.

By the way..I am very careful with my jewelry and never expose it to chemicals , heat, cleaning products, etc. Basically when I come home..all jewelry comes off except my wedding ring.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View