Regular Contributor

$356.00 for sterling diamonque necklace?

OK what am I missing here? $356.00 for a Scott Kay Diamonique necklace which is imported? Isn't that a bit much? Crazy!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: $356.00 for sterling diamonque necklace?

I though that necklace was so pretty and I could really get alot of use out of it...then I saw the price tag..ouch. The garnet one is even higher at $499. Wow!

Honored Contributor

Considering the cost of Barbara Bixby, Judith Ripka, Michael Dawkins and JAI pieces, doesn't this kind of fall right in there?  

Barbara Bixby has an 18" necklace that I've been coveting for a long time, but I won't cave to roughly $335.00 (can't remember the exact price), I still want it..... but no.  Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I just pulled up the items on the show. Nothing looks exciting to me at any price.

Esteemed Contributor

I have three pieces of QVC's Scott Kay collection and the weight and workmanship is really stellar. Once you have a piece in your hands and feel the solid sterling and see the intricacy of the casting, it doesn't seem so expensive!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

His prices are just as RIDICULOUS  as Bixby's and Rip-off's prices.

Regular Contributor

I can't justify spending that much for sterling and diamonque. I don't care who the designer. Oh and imported? Is it made in China?

Honored Contributor

Ok, I am glad I am not the only one who that the pieces were nice but goodnes gracious the prices are over the top.  Everytime lately I think I would like to purchase something from Q the prices seem to be a little higher than everywhere else.  Other sites have quality pieces but they are more reasonable.

Honored Contributor

I've been very disappointed in Michael Dawkins line.  After finding out that he uses jeweler's metal and sterling silver together (it weights the piece) I've been reluctant to buy more.  I purchased his watch, that was supposed to be sterling silver and after a year, the inside of the watch bracelet turned my wrist black!  I'm on my second watch (because I love it so much and thought the first one was an anomoly).... and yesterday (after a year of this one) and there was a black coloring starting again!!  I don't react to stainless steel and that's what they advertised this to be.... but I DO react to alloys, and that's what I think the interior of this watch band is....  after a year, I'm wearing off the stainless steel coating, wash, whatever they call it and I'm having a reaction to the alloys.....

I'm very interested in trying this new line... the reviews are incredible!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

correction:  I put that the watch was supposed to be sterling silver.... no... it was supposed to be and was advertised as stainless steel....