Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who are the targeted customers for Isaac's clothes?

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing especially this past Monday when he introduced another dress A273650 and I noticed only the younger models are used during his presentations.  I'm no spring chicken and could probably get away with wearing a dress like this but I wouldn't feel comfortable and his dresses are too short for me I need at least 39-40 length to hit me at or slightly below the knee.  I do own several of his cardigans printed and solids that I wear all the time.

@Luvitorleaveit1 I liked that dress a lot too, but sadly not in the budget right now!  On occassion I do not feel like my legs are in the best shape or not tan enough, or my knees look bad that day (LOL) etc. I recommend wearing dark tights, but the more sheer style than the thicker winter ones, or even a footless tight if you want to jazz it up and go a little more on the edge with it if you want to wear flats.  BTW I do think IM should use more of a variety of ages of women for models, rather than just Jackie, Brenda, Michelle and the other one that I am sorry I forget her name. It might be helpful to others who may sway away from his brand if they think something is too short, or looks too young for their taste.

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

As soon as the weather gets warm all I wear are dresses and skirts without stockings since my legs are still in good shape but thanks for the suggestion about the tights.  I would like to see some of the older models like blonde Maria in some of his apparel.  I don't know who makes the decision on who models for these designers but it would be interesting to know.

Esteemed Contributor

The closest demographic I can think of to Issac's clothes is the typical Talbot's customer minus about 7-10 years.

Honored Contributor

Issac's clothing is not original.  It is the same styles of clothing that older women wore when I was a young girl.  What is so unbelievable to me is that the florals and patterns are also very similiar, so to me they are "older ladies clothes."

I am an older lady, but refuse to wear older lady clothes,  just because it is 50 years later doesn't mean my memories aren't still fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler  I'm addicted to his shoes,  I have about 8 pairs.  I was never into flats but I have trouble with my feet and these definitely fit the bill for walking long distances as we sometimes do.  A few years ago a teenage girl complimented on the pair I was wearing and asked me where I got them. 

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@World Traveler  I'm addicted to his shoes,  I have about 8 pairs.  I was never into flats but I have trouble with my feet and these definitely fit the bill for walking long distances as we sometimes do.  A few years ago a teenage girl complimented on the pair I was wearing and asked me where I got them. 

@ANewHue I did see some boots of his that I liked. Almost bought, thought I would wait until they might come down in price, then didn't see them available again. That was in the Fall. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

My faves are IM, H by Halston, Linea, and D&C.  Like Logo, but can't figure out the sizing - it's always different, and not enough petite tops.  I only buy IM tees - the only ones I'll buy on the Q.  Also, like his short sweaters 'cause they're fitted and perfect length for.  Got a parka from him, but won't get his dresses or coats -most d/n come in petites.  Like D&C jeans.  Linea - shirts, but not enough petites.  H, want to try their sweatshirts - I live in sweatshirts.  Usually dress casually and with a furbaby, wash and wear is a must!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1

Funny how we're all different.  I find the Q's dresses/skirts too long.  I'm short and probably still a "child of the sixties", but I only do above the knee skirts/dresses - the legs are the last thing to go!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler I am glad you asked because I have wanted to purchase many items, but been unsure if they would work for me. I'm especially interested in sweater jackets because I love the look of jackets, but tend to have to size up for my shoulders which makes my middle look off.I think a sweater would make that better. Plus, at least some of his stuff is actual long sleeve stuff! I am SO over 3/4 sleeve.

FWIW I am 42 and most of my clothing is from The House that is both White and Black (unsure if we can post other retailer names). I never, ever pay full price for anything, so I often miss my size when IM stuff goes on clearance. I'm very intersted in the 24/7 pants that are coming up, but those back pockets are giving me pause.

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@World Traveler I am glad you asked because I have wanted to purchase many items, but been unsure if they would work for me. I'm especially interested in sweater jackets because I love the look of jackets, but tend to have to size up for my shoulders which makes my middle look off.I think a sweater would make that better. Plus, at least some of his stuff is actual long sleeve stuff! I am SO over 3/4 sleeve.

FWIW I am 42 and most of my clothing is from The House that is both White and Black (unsure if we can post other retailer names). I never, ever pay full price for anything, so I often miss my size when IM stuff goes on clearance. I'm very intersted in the 24/7 pants that are coming up, but those back pockets are giving me pause.

@yisbuff2  I think you and I need to give his things a try; what do you say? Smiley Happy  I like long sleeve things too. We may have to pay the full price, though, in order to ensure we get what we want before it is gone. I have enough long pants at this point, but will look at the tops next time he is on.

I see those 24/7 in the March Insider magazine. What is giving you pause concerning the pockets? I would be more concerned about the front, which on one of the models in the magazine looks like she is wearing pants that are too small/tight. It doesn't look like it is stretching for her. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I don't get the Insider - is there a TSV coming in 24/7 pants?  Do they come in talls?