Trusted Contributor

Very Confusing....Isaac's TSV & Measurements

I am now totally confused. I ordered the Navy in size medium following the size chart which had the chest measurement at 38/39, but then on air, the size chart pops up and it says the small chest is a 39.5 and a medium chest is a 41/42??? So I went back and changed my order to a small and even though it may fit in the chest, I now worry about it being too tight around the hips. What is up with all these conflicting sizes and information?

Honored Contributor

Re: Very Confusing....Isaac's TSV & Measurements

[ Edited ]

@gigy The size chart that comes up on the screen has the actual measurements for the garment being sold.  It's best to compare those numbers to something in your closet that fits well.  Then you're all set.  You can find these measurements under the garment description at the end of the text where it says "click here". 

The other measurements are general guidelines for the sizes QVC sells but have nothing to do with any specific garment. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

That is confusing.. may want to call and ask them what size would be best for you.. I think I would of sticked with Medium.  

Respected Contributor

I have found that some of his clothing is cut very large. More specifically his tshirts and tunics. I am a size 8 and almost always wear a small in most clothing. I have a few of his pima tshirts and 2 of the beefy cotton tunics. I have them in an xxs and they fit perfectly. I also have his denim skirt that is the stretchy denim and I originally ordered a 6. It was so large in the waist I had to send it back for a 4. I haven't worn a size 4 since 1975!  However, his 24/7 stretch pants have been true to size for me. 

Respected Contributor

Isaac says his stuff doesn't shrink. I love Isaac to pieces, but I've never had anything of his that didn't shrink like crazy. I'm tall and size up for some extra length and to allow for shrinkage.
Trusted Contributor

I just really wish that the designer and the host would speak up and address the sizing more clearly and honestly. I am tired of the usuall, " order your true size" when in so many cases and with all these different designers, there is no " true size or "normal sizing anymore. One designers, "medium" is another designers "small" or "large".

Honored Contributor

When the on screen TV chart states 'Garment measurements', I'd walk (not run) to your closet and measure your similar garments.  Order the closest garment measurement sizes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I echo your comments!  Go to the specific garment measurements.  Do not follow any QVC size guides. 

Once I began to use this method, I have not had to return anything due to this issue other than a few things that didn't measure as indicated on that chart.  I then  get credited for my return shipping.

Four measurements I follow are:  Chest, Arm Circumference, Waist Circumference and Length.  If these are in sync, I have no problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

Imho, the hosts and models should have to give their 'normal' size for the particular brand they're selling along with the size they are currently wearing.  To me, while watching the midnight presentation, the sweater looked very tight on many of them.

QVC would save customers and themselves time, money and frustration by being more forthcoming in sizing.

Contributor

I would stick with the size you ordered becasue his hip measurements are usually bigger on the garment than stated on the size chart.