Honored Contributor

Re: Pima TSV major dissappointment

I never had a chance to order.  The only two good colors were sold out before they went in to presentation.  The other colors were meh.   Terrible color choices.

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert  This is funny - a tv rep.  I laughed.

Respected Contributor

After washing it is not so shinny. I think the JJill and Talbots Pina is much nicer. For the price I'll keep

Honored Contributor

The turquoise was disappointing to me.  This is my first Isaac, and first QVC piece of clothing besides LOGO in 10 years.  The Turquoise is lighter and brighter than it seemed on TV.  In fact I would call it a bright Aqua.  Neon like.  It is pretty don't get me wrong.

The fabric is soft, and it is a little shiny.  The label says 100% cotton, about 80% Pima and the rest regular cotton.  Makes me think it was chemically treated in some way to get that sheen.  .  It can't be the weaving of the fabric threads.  I ordered black, turquoise and navy.  I do not like the navy, it is too royal blue for me.  But some may like it.  I like a darker navy.

The problem I had was sizing.  Because it was my first Issac, I ordered large and XL.  OMG!!!  It runs large.  Way larger than LOGO.  I wear a large, XL  at the brick and mortar, (mainly xl) as I run large through the bust.  Isaac's XL was so large it was like a 1x or 2x!! I am 5'3'' and the top came thigh length. the shoulders were way down. It almost gathered through the mid section.  

The top is slightly sheer.  Not much, but I will wear a camisole under

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Lakelady wrote:

I believe Goodwill is a for profit business. They do not benefit anyone ,but the people who own the stores.

For sure?  I didn't know this...Ive always donated to Salvation Army or big bros and sisters and St. Vincent DePaul Society in lower 48...

@AKgirl2

That is not true.  Goodwill helps the disadvantaged with job training. 

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Lakelady wrote:

I believe Goodwill is a for profit business. They do not benefit anyone ,but the people who own the stores.

For sure?  I didn't know this...Ive always donated to Salvation Army or big bros and sisters and St. Vincent DePaul Society in lower 48...

@AKgirl2

That is not true.  Goodwill helps the disadvantaged with job training. 

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Yes, a long time ago, I used to get sales calls to buy their light bulbs, handmade doormats etc.  I think it was Goodwill?

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

The turquoise was disappointing to me.  This is my first Isaac, and first QVC piece of clothing besides LOGO in 10 years.  The Turquoise is lighter and brighter than it seemed on TV.  In fact I would call it a bright Aqua.  Neon like.  It is pretty don't get me wrong.

The fabric is soft, and it is a little shiny.  The label says 100% cotton, about 80% Pima and the rest regular cotton.  Makes me think it was chemically treated in some way to get that sheen.  .  It can't be the weaving of the fabric threads.  I ordered black, turquoise and navy.  I do not like the navy, it is too royal blue for me.  But some may like it.  I like a darker navy.

The problem I had was sizing.  Because it was my first Issac, I ordered large and XL.  OMG!!!  It runs large.  Way larger than LOGO.  I wear a large, XL  at the brick and mortar, (mainly xl) as I run large through the bust.  Isaac's XL was so large it was like a 1x or 2x!! I am 5'3'' and the top came thigh length. the shoulders were way down. It almost gathered through the mid section.  

The top is slightly sheer.  Not much, but I will wear a camisole under

@shoekitty  That'll teach 'ya to stick to LOGO.  <wink>

Esteemed Contributor

I have given up buying clothing from QVC due to the poor quality of the fabric in any of their clothing lines.  If it isn't that horrid polyester stuff they all rave about which is clammy feeling and holds heat and just looks cheap no matter whose design is on it then it is cotton fabric that is of such poor quality it feels like burlap.

Contributor

Goodwill is for profit, and those profits go straight back in to the community and employing people and training for people who really need the jobs and help. I always give to Goodwill.  If you have ever been to one of their distribution centers where all the work is done, you would too.

Contributor

I bought 2 and love them.  After washing, they are soft as butter.  Best shirts I've bought in a long time and worth every penny.