Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac, why are you allowing your famous quality to slip?

[ Edited ]

@Tadaski   I have done this too, marked my return slip as 'defective' on 2 separate jewelry items, clearly defective.  I've gone so far as to also include a post it note attached to my return slip noting the defect.  Still nothing.  I also called CS on these items noted with defects.  Nothing - no credits back, certainly no credit on my shipping and handling.

I give up. 

All of you who get this process to WORK for you are the lucky ones apparently because this return process that QVC touts obviously DOES NOT WORK for ALL of us.

Luck of the draw for those of you who received credits on defective items on the particular days that a Q employee is doing their job in READING your comments and what you checked on your returned item(s).

Trusted Contributor

Quality and true sizing seems to be a major problem that is mentioned about products from many quality designers at the Q.  I also have noticed that many are made way overseas in a country that now has its own QVC.  I have frequently heard IM and other designers say that they do not see their product until they are on air and that they have to buy their owns designs the same as we do. Even SG has said this.  It is unlikely that all of the designers would drop the ball on quality at the same time. They talk about having to come in to meet with the Q designers to go over their designs and the Q decides what they want.  QVC names the colors.  M complains alot about the names given to his colors.  I think that the Q buys the right to the design and from that point on they have complete control of the production, pricing and sales.  They buy the rights to the designs, the designers have an agreement to do X number of shows and in addition get a percentage of the sales.  Designers often are surprised by the amount charged for an item.  Often the designers are surprised to see an item on clearance when it has been a good seller for them.  The host say the new production cost had probably increased to much.   So many things happening to many designers at the same time and they do not know it until they are on air.  To me solving the qvc problems we talk about is the job of QVC.   The designers name is on the product and beyond that they have little control.  

Contributor

Thank you for posting this concern!!  I have ordered and enjoyed many, many of IM items over the years!  Lately I am returning because the quality is really slipping!  Sizing is off and the quality is not the same!  Sweater sizing is way off and it is getting frustrating!  I hope CS relays these concerns!  As I look at my many items over the years, it is really sad how the quality is going in the wrong direction!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Tissyanne  I've never heard of any s/h charges being returned to someone (like you) as you describe.  I write comments/notes on my return slips if something is wrong with my item.  Never once have I had my s/h returned or credited back.

I've called CS on bad items too, nover has been offered me.

Lucky you I guess for the special assistance you get!!! 

It isn't about luck. It's about taking action. I call customer service if there is a defect and ask them to note that return shipping will be free, and then I make the proper notation on my return form, too. I name a copy of the return form and nite the day and time I called cs just in case I am charged for shipping. YOU have to take control and ask that you not be charged for return shipping. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you do not get the help you want.