Super Contributor

Does Isaac design the items?

ive read yes and no on here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Isaac design the items?

In 2010, Mizrahi launched a label called IsaacMizrahiLIVE! exclusively on QVC.[10]

In 2011, Mizrahi sold his brand to Xcel Brands, Inc.[11] In addition to continuing the IsaacMizrahiLIVE! business on QVC, Xcel Brands is launching various categories under the Isaac Mizrahi New York, Isaac Mizrahi Jeans, and Isaac Mizrahi brands. As of August 2012, footwear and denim have launched in Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom, and Mizrahi's first ever fragrance, Fabulous, is set to debut September 6 on QVC, and in Bloomingdale's in October. Mizrahi remains a shareholder, creative director, and media personality for his namesake brand under Xcel.

Full Wiki Article

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Thank you!   I was wondering why he was on tv, but it is as a personality.  Makes sense since some items he seems surprised by. 

Honored Contributor

And a few times doesn't know the correct color names. Smiley LOL

You would think a "designer" would know the color names of his/her designs!!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In a word, No, he doesn't design the clothing bearing his name.  He has assumed the role of what is called a "talking head", which means all he does is talk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Monday night he did not even know a piece was his line. Haha

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

In a word, No, he doesn't design the clothing bearing his name.  He has assumed the role of what is called a "talking head", which means all he does is talk.

Sorry but I beg to differ.......I have heard Isaac many times when a cardigan was being presented, state "that when he was sketching this design".  So I think there are many of his items, especially his cardigans, he does, in fact, design.

Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome. We'll have to agree to disagree.  It's all too obvious that Isaac has never seen his clothing until it's rolled onto the set.  He apparently cares so little that he doesn't even peek at it before the show.  He obviously prefers to wing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad this was brought up.  You are right that Isaac is just a salesperson,

or as @Kachina624 mentioned a Talking Head about the clothing line bearing his name.  When I realized this, it was a little disappointing.  A little smoke and mirrors.  But then I asked myself, why does it matter?  If I like something, I guess that's all that matters.  But once again, it just reminds me of the whole true meaning of QVC----sell, sell, sell.

The personalities are just sales people like any salespeople.

Honored Contributor

I know he didn't "invent" moccasins...............................

♥Surface of the Sun♥