Super Contributor

24/7 ankle or full length - what do you prefer?

Issac's 24/7 are my favorite "going out" pant. Love them. Have  a few wide leg and one full length and several ankle length. I would like to see more options in the full length especially in prints.  I love the two leopard ankle pants.  Have both.  

When the ankle pant shrinks in length,  they look goofy with socks or knee highs.  I live in the Midwest where it is cold and I work part time and would like to get more use out of these expensive pants.  The full length looks better on me - my ankles are not my best feature. 

I thought I would ask you ladies your preference and perhaps give Isaac some feedback.

Thanks everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: 24/7 ankle or full length - what do you prefer?

For my taste, I will never own a pair of ankle length pants.  They just look (at least to me) like flood pants.  Maybe it's because I was tall before it was fashionable to be tall and it was a hard time finding pants that were long enough back then.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of ankle pants.  I agree they look like flood pants on me.  I don't own any and have no plans to buy any.

Respected Contributor

I Love Ankle Pants -  Isaac's, Ann Taylor Loft are my favorites.  Look great with flats as well as strappy heels.  Detest bell bottoms of any kind.  I find the slim ankle pants take 10 lbs. off me.

Honored Contributor

@Tshirtgal

From your post IMHO go with full length. Keep warm if you're in the path of the blizzard conditions.

Honored Contributor

I dislike ankle length.   They look like they either shrunk or you mistakenly bought the wrong size. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Much prefer full length, ankle pants on me look like, as others have said, floods, plus I have big feet (9) & I think they accent them.  Do like them on some, but I can't pull it off.

Honored Contributor

I am tall and ankle pants just seem like too short pants to me.  I love the tall full length pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

Definatly full length pants....

Trusted Contributor

I am also for long pants and I am not tall 5'4". Long boot cut, or wide legs.  In summer, I wear walking shorts,bermudas.  My DIL is nearly 6'. If I am buying pants for her, i check the length by holding the pants up under my arm and if they touch the floor, they are long enough for her.

Plus I think for ankle pants you really need VERY nice ankles.-------------tedEbear