Super Contributor

I'm wondering if it's just me. I bought some candles and the large jars are great. The small jars smell great up close, but there is no scent when lit. Others?

I bought some candle warmers like scentsy and they are so strong and wonderful, blueberry smell.

What is your favorite brand smell for candles?

Respected Contributor

Yankee candles used to be good many years ago, but not lately so I no longer buy them. The soot is bad and there's not much scent.

My favorite now is Scentsy.

Super Contributor

Do you have a favorite scentsy smell?

Honored Contributor

Some Yankee scents are definitely stronger than others and the soot problem with them seems to be becoming worse. Yet I do still buy them sometimes, along with the Bath And Body Works candles.

Super Contributor

Ack, didn't know about the soot.

The smells just haven't been as strong as the wax melters.

Super Contributor
On 1/11/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

Yankee candles used to be good many years ago, but not lately so I no longer buy them. The soot is bad and there's not much scent.

My favorite now is Scentsy.

The owner of Yankee Candle, the one who started it way back, sold it a few years ago and started another candle company, Kringle Candles. His home base is 20-30 miles away from the flagship yankee candle store in Deerfield Mass. Those candles are amazing, like Yankee use to be.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't purchased YC in years. I buy Pure Integrity candles. I just went back to burning with tealights. I was using cubes from BH&G but they don't throw the scent like tealights. I won't pay the price of Scentsy when BH&G are just as good or better.

Trusted Contributor

I still like Yankee Candle, but I do purchase BBW scents often. That's because I can cut out the soft wax and put it in my warmer. YC doesn't really work that well on the warmer (in my opinion).

I do like to purchase Scentsy products on ebay --- I can't think of specific ones at the moment, but I usually buy a few for each season. I have to look into some new ones for spring and summer.

Respected Contributor

I love Yankee candles! I don't know what they ""used to be"" but find them so nice!

I haven't gotten into any other brands yet but will dable when I need a new fix.

Super Contributor

I read somewhere recently that Yankee Candles are the dirtiest-burning candles there are - meaning they leave soot marks on the walls an ceiling.

They used to have a Crème Brulee scented candle that was just wonderful to smell.