Esteemed Contributor

I love good ole' clorox bleach. I put it in a spray bottle. My latest love item is clorox bathroom bleach foamer. I spray the toilets every day and rarely have to scrub. I also use those tablets that you drop in the tank. It gives off a fresh scent when flushing. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor
Get a pumice stone from the bath cleaner section or the nail care section. They are cheaper in the nail section. I have well water with lots of calcium and get build up. We use the pumice to scrub it after some vinegar or soda has soaked in the toilet to loosen it. Old 2/3L of soda are good for this because of the citric acid. Very few chemicals and easy on the septic system to keep your good bacteria doing what they are supposed to do.
Trusted Contributor

I also have a well and septic. The water's treated, but I still get occasional stubborn stains. For general cleaning of the bowl, my favorite cleanser is Old Dutch. It's a powdered cleanser, and I like it better than Comet or Ajax. I usually buy it at Big Lots. I use a Fuller Brush Bowl Swab (M103602), it cleans better than a regular brush, particularly under the rim. When I get a stain under the rim that doesn't come right off, I blast it with my hand-held steamer and it's gone.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  I have a Septic system.  I like the one (too lazy to look) that has a wand and you snap the round things on them to clean it.

They do an amazing job.  I can't use anything that stays in it because once or twice I caught my boy cat (Billy) standing on the toilet acting like he was going to drink it.

I don't think he was but he's so nauty, I don't want to take the chance.  He gets into everything!  He has no fear.

Honored Contributor

I have extremely hard water.   Target house brand works the best.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Can you use CLR with a septic system?

It does work well, but it smells like rotten eggs!