Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

So, the preview for Wednesday's YHJ features H205566.  I almost fell over when I saw that cornucopia.  It looks like something from a monster movie.  That is, hands down, the ugliest item I've ever seen on QVC.  It made me want to take an antibiotic!

@PeterDM It is ugly...and the reviews so far agree...a consistant 1 star review rating...yikes! ...LOL

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

She'll have higher end stuff in the show.  That video she posted on her Facebook page talking about decorating for a white Cnistmas had higher end products in it, including the porcelain sleigh and the Sequined and Glittered trees from last year's LR show.  QVC knows that those higher end items sell out, so she'll be made to sell what they tell her to sell.  Valerie will dominate the more home-spun type items, while the YHJ show will continue to spend the bulk of its time highlighting the TSV's.  I have faith we'll get our fancy offerings back on Fridays.  It will just seem a bit incongruous with Jill being the one selling them.

I agree with you. Why can't they have themed Christmas shows, like "a formal Christmas," or "Christmas at a log cabin," or shows like that?

Valerie is the true talented decorator IMHO. She could advise some of these behind the scenes. I'd like to see her more too, but she could present only her items.

I wish QVC had given her more harvest shows! 

I agree with your idea about the themed shows.  Even if people don't care for, let's say, formal decor, there are still items in the formal shows that are universal for any decor style.  People who like decor shows are going to watch ALL decor shows, because of the different decorating ideas that are presented.  I wouldn't think a show like "log cabin Christmas" would appeal to my style at all, but I bet there would be something in it that I could work into my home.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

So, the preview for Wednesday's YHJ features H205566.  I almost fell over when I saw that cornucopia.  It looks like something from a monster movie.  That is, hands down, the ugliest item I've ever seen on QVC.  It made me want to take an antibiotic!

@PeterDM It is ugly...and the reviews so far agree...a consistant 1 star review rating...yikes! ...LOL

@PeterDM  Did you read the reviews yet? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I just read them, @Susan Louise. That was so funny!  I can't wait to see how Jill is going to sell that one!  I imagine they won't be scrolling reviews on the bottom of the screen during that presentation.  They would have been okay (maybe) if they were pure white, but that cornucopia looks like a cross between an infected big toe, and the result from a ceramics class at an insane asylum!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

The 'Blob' comes to mind with that cornucopia.  Turkey is ugly too.  The person who designed these must have been having a bad day.

Valued Contributor

Peter, I love your sense of humor. I had a good laugh this morning when I read your post about the infected big toe and the ceramics class at an insane asylum. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I just read them, @Susan Louise. That was so funny!  I can't wait to see how Jill is going to sell that one!  I imagine they won't be scrolling reviews on the bottom of the screen during that presentation.  They would have been okay (maybe) if they were pure white, but that cornucopia looks like a cross between an infected big toe, and the result from a ceramics class at an insane asylum!

I had it in my cart when it first came out, before the picture was posted. I usually grab anything "turkey" because they are so few & far between. 

Something held me back, something about the description (translucent???).

Boy, am I glad I waited. That is not for me.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I was thinking mutant or deformed sea shell, but the big toe thing works...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I was thinking mutant or deformed sea shell, but the big toe thing works...

Woman Wink

Forgot... as for how she'll sell them, she'll invoke the "I'm such a straight shooter and wouldn't lead you astray..." thing and then proceed to pontificate about all the ways you can use them, which roughly translated will mean all the ways you can cover them up...

Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

She'll have higher end stuff in the show.  That video she posted on her Facebook page talking about decorating for a white Cnistmas had higher end products in it, including the porcelain sleigh and the Sequined and Glittered trees from last year's LR show.  QVC knows that those higher end items sell out, so she'll be made to sell what they tell her to sell.  Valerie will dominate the more home-spun type items, while the YHJ show will continue to spend the bulk of its time highlighting the TSV's.  I have faith we'll get our fancy offerings back on Fridays.  It will just seem a bit incongruous with Jill being the one selling them.

I agree with you. Why can't they have themed Christmas shows, like "a formal Christmas," or "Christmas at a log cabin," or shows like that?

Valerie is the true talented decorator IMHO. She could advise some of these behind the scenes. I'd like to see her more too, but she could present only her items.

I wish QVC had given her more harvest shows! 

I agree with your idea about the themed shows.  Even if people don't care for, let's say, formal decor, there are still items in the formal shows that are universal for any decor style.  People who like decor shows are going to watch ALL decor shows, because of the different decorating ideas that are presented.  I wouldn't think a show like "log cabin Christmas" would appeal to my style at all, but I bet there would be something in it that I could work into my home.  

Well, only to a point. I love the idea of themes, but even though I enjoy decor, I'm not personally watching all decor shows... Not if Jill's hosting them...