Esteemed Contributor

well it's offical ,  Jill is taking over Lisa robertson's Friday night christmas decorating shows.  I happened to tune in and jill was saying how she would be doing Friday nights coming up as well as wednesday.  

Valued Contributor

It's okay with me. Jill does a nice job. She is nothing like Lisa, so I am sure she is trying to carve her own niche, and not try to be a Lisa clone.

Honored Contributor

It makes sense with her home shows.  She'll do a good job.  She is good at sharing details.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just hoping to see some of the same elegant type items that Lisa presented,  it is more my style of decorating.  Not sure jill will bring that in her shows.  Maybe she will , will have to wait and see.  I know I want that ivory sleigh, the reindeer she mentioned that would go with and the santa.  Whatever else I will have to see about.  Don't care who does the shows as long as the items are wonderful.

Valued Contributor

Good news! I always seem to enjoy Jill's presentations no matter what the product is. I think she'll bring a lot to the Friday shows in the way of providing details about the items as well as giving us decorating ideas.

'Looking forward to more shows where i can relax while watching, instead of the frantic hoopla i see these days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Trusted Contributor

I would have preferred someone like Alberti or Jayne Brown doing the Friday night Christmas decor shows.  I find them both underrated and underused.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I would have preferred someone like Alberti or Jayne Brown doing the Friday night Christmas decor shows.  I find them both underrated and underused.

Alberti would've been a good choice. I really don't think we need more of Jill. She as much as said Lisa's holiday decorating style was not her cup of tea and, unfortunately, it seems QVC is determined to continue to narrow down our options. Even if I enjoyed Jill, which I don't, another host's presentation style would have been most welcome in the home decor area. I won't be watching.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

stevieb,  I am surely not a big fan of jill as I have stated tons of times myself,  but love christmas items so it will be hard pressed to not watch these shows as much as I would love it if Alberti or Jane as Peter posted, would be presenters.  qvc has made up there minds that Jill will have that Friday slot and the christmas shows.  I don't know exactly why as there are others with great decorating stlye which is much more my style but they have.

Valued Contributor

I wonder if she'll tell us again (and again) how SHE designed certain pieces, how SHE told the designers what to make, etc. etc.  Her overuse of the first person pronoun gets to be a bit much.

Honored Contributor

@Zita wrote:

I wonder if she'll tell us again (and again) how SHE designed certain pieces, how SHE told the designers what to make, etc. etc.  Her overuse of the first person pronoun gets to be a bit much.

The back patting and self congrats get to be a bit much almost every time she's presenting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...