Esteemed Contributor

Wow, Ellen DeGeneres is taking Valerie head on: holiday mixed greens collection

I thought Valerie owned the holiday wreath category, but guess not.

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, Ellen DeGeneres is taking Valerie head on: holiday mixed greens collection

I have to say, that is one gorgeous wreath but I so hope Valerie doesn't get mowed down in the process.  I'm all for a variety of selections but it seems when celebrity spokespeople get involved, the tried and true QVC vendors seem to disappear.

I hope this isn't the case this time.  It would be nice to have a choice of wreaths.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wow, Ellen DeGeneres is taking Valerie head on: holiday mixed greens collection

Gardens, Wow! It'll be interesting to see how Ellen's quality compares to Valerie's. It looks like a few surprises are in store on the Q for this holiday season! pinky

Respected Contributor

Maybe my taste varies, but what I saw when I checked out this post was a plain wreath - very full but plain.  It has a very nice bow, but nothing else. I'm not impressed.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Maybe my taste varies, but what I saw when I checked out this post was a plain wreath - very full but plain.  It has a very nice bow, but nothing else. I'm not impressed.

ITA. It's full & looks nice but it's lacking decorations. Just a bow is a little blah blah. It looks unfinished.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see how ellen (I like ellen) can overtake VPH . She just has put her name to a brand,thats all. I know Valrie does that too and most of the time is not the designer,but this is Vals life work ,it is not so for Ellen.

Ellen has put her name on lots of things but the one i will always remember is the dog food. Spots Stew.She raved and raved  about it and that she bought the company. Well she never mentions it now,I wonder why?  Maybe because she changed the really good recipe to some cheap ,disgusting dog food that many dogs refused to eat after  she changed it?

So I do not put much stock into anything with Ellens name on it,except maybe her tv show,which i do like......lol

now watch this thread dissapear..........

Respected Contributor

With the exception of the wreath, it seems like Valerie's and Ellen's items are quite different - Valerie's being more traditional and Ellen's having a modern touch. I like both of their things and hope there is room for both ladies. If not, my vote goes to Valerie.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the ribbon with bells that is on the wreath and the mix of greens used.  I don't ever order any live wreaths, but if I did, I think this would be the one. 

I remember that Linda Dano also had in her home line some live greens, which were sold during the same time that Valerie's were also being sold.  I don't think one vendor will put the other out of the live greens business. 

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:
With the exception of the wreath, it seems like Valerie's and Ellen's items are quite different - Valerie's being more traditional and Ellen's having a modern touch. I like both of their things and hope there is room for both ladies. If not, my vote goes to Valerie.

I vote for Valerie too.

Esteemed Contributor

I use to purchase Val's wreaths every year...for me and one for each family member...then they started showing up raggedly looking....the needles falling off right away...not full at all...really dissappointing....so I stopped buying years ago...

Hopefully Ellen's wreath is nicer....I like the look of it....