Valued Contributor

Re: Wouldn't it be fun to live in a neighborhood where....

[ Edited ]

Hi @Buck-i-Nana,  Leopard!! That is so genius. Ive been looking for a tiger stripe rug for my crafting area (I saw one on an episode of Hoarders & loved it although I dont think that show is meant to inspire us to purchase things!) & it has been hard to find one so I was thinking naybe leopard & then I saw a soft, furry leopard comforter on clearance on HSN & I almost bought it, but then I thought maybe that was too extreme, but now you have given me the perfect excuse!

Your dog sounds HUGE! I can only imagine the power in that tail! That would be a funny short film: a dog with this tail so happy to see someone so he is wagging it like crazy & the person is trying not to get hit by the tail so in the course of going round & round the room, the dog destroys everything , the person falls down exhausted & the dog leans over & gives him a big kiss :-D

Hi @Spurt  I have seen those extreme holiday home shows, I like watching those kind of shows, actually pretty much anything that involves home decorating. I have this fantasy of living in an Anna Griffin-inspired home, but she has millions of dollars & one light-colored fluffy cat soooo...HGTV started out featuring those shows, but now its all about buying, selling & flipping. I dont even miss it now that I no longer have it on my TV.  I saw you found your braided kitchen rug, but I am still looking. We dont have the storeyou mentioned but we have lots of home stores so I'm sure I'll find one soon!  By the way, QVC carries Anna Griffin in the UK, but she is on HSN here in the States. I guess crafting is a little too "down home" for QVC US nowadays :-)

Just so nobody gets the wrong impression, I loved Lisa R.'s Christmas shows! I cant decorate like that but i loved the sparkle & shine & glitter & white & gold. And the giant nutcrackers, but they wouldn't be in the house 5 minutes before my kitten (she's actually 2.5 years old but i am still in the habit of calling her "kitten") would be trying to sit on their heads :-D. And sad to say but I would be somewhat embarrassed to show her (& almost anyone who doesn't really know me) my place anytime of the year, but especially at Christmas...oh well :-)

Respected Contributor

Re: Wouldn't it be fun to live in a neighborhood where....

@mewsmomtoo - HSN is where I got my leopard comforter.  I have the winter coft & cozy comforter set and the summer weight one which amazes me that a faux fur comforter can actually be cool!  They're WONDERFUL and machine washable to boot.  It's the only pattern I have in my bedroom, then the curtains and added pillows are in complimentary solids.