Honored Contributor

Woodwick Candles for Hallmark - Fall Treats and Autumn Orchard

Did anyone else get these? I went yesterday and couldn't make up my mind. So I bought one yesterday (with one .99 card) and went back today for the other one! The Fall Treats is in a bisque ceramic vase-like container imprinted with leaves, and the Autumn Orchard is in an acorn. They're $7.95 with any purchase. They both smell amazing! Smiley Happy

Image result for hallmark woodwick fall treats candle

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woodwick Candles for Hallmark - Fall Treats and Autumn Orchard

How pretty!  No Hallmark store here, so I miss seeing and browsing nice things like this.  I would want both!

Honored Contributor

Oh My! I really like those!

I'm not a fan of woodwick, though. And only because they are made by what used to be the Old Virginia Candle Company. 

All at once, the completely dropped their traditional line of candles, in the bale handled jars. I loved the look and the colors and scents that they did over the years. 

I can totally see a company branching out with new and updated styles, and maybe even downsizing a line that is less popular, but they lost me all together. It seems like they are only capable of doing one thing at a time, and that frustrates me. I guess I mean only one style of candle, as they do have other mediums.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Did anyone else get these? I went yesterday and couldn't make up my mind. So I bought one yesterday (with one .99 card) and went back today for the other one! The Fall Treats is in a bisque ceramic vase-like container imprinted with leaves, and the Autumn Orchard is in an acorn. They're $7.95 with any purchase. They both smell amazing! Smiley Happy

I was gifted the acorn candle and I love it!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:
@mominohiOh My! I really like those!

I'm not a fan of woodwick, though. And only because they are made by what used to be the Old Virginia Candle Company. 

All at once, the completely dropped their traditional line of candles, in the bale handled jars. I loved the look and the colors and scents that they did over the years. 

I can totally see a company branching out with new and updated styles, and maybe even downsizing a line that is less popular, but they lost me all together. It seems like they are only capable of doing one thing at a time, and that frustrates me. I guess I mean only one style of candle, as they do have other mediums.

@Mominohio, I've only been enjoying Woodwicks for the past couple of years.  I'm curious as to what they were like before this current incarnation.  Do you remember any of the scents?  Although there are several Hallmark stores in my area, one of them in particular is better than the others.  This store has a wider variety of Woodwicks in scents that are different than the typical 6 ones you see in most stores.  They are in varying containers similar to the ones posted in this thread.  I'm wondering if you've checked them out recently?

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio, I've only been enjoying Woodwicks for the past couple of years.  I'm curious as to what they were like before this current incarnation.  Do you remember any of the scents?  Although there are several Hallmark stores in my area, one of them in particular is better than the others.  This store has a wider variety of Woodwicks in scents that are different than the typical 6 ones you see in most stores.  They are in varying containers similar to the ones posted in this thread.  I'm wondering if you've checked them out recently?

@PeterDM

Before they invented the woodwick, Q carried this company's products under their old name, Old Virginia Candle Company. 

The candles were in jars, with metal lids and a metal bale handle (and a regular candle wick). Rather farmhouse kitchen looking, and I'm sure ran their course for most people's decor, so they disappeared.

They did a lot of triple fragrance candles (back in the day when it was a rather new thing), and I bought a lot of food scents (always my favorites). 

I remember lots of berry fragrances, lots of pumpkin fragrances in different varieties, and some with winter mint type fragrances. Their triple scents were so nice, because you got three different smells in one candle, they melded well one into the other, with great blending of fragrances, and they had a really good burn with no tunneling.

For quite awhile after their introduction, the only containers they came in were the hourglass (for lack of a better description) clear glass container. They seemed popular with others, but I found them modern and boring. Those posted above are really pretty, and I'm glad to see they have moved on to more decorative containers.

I've never bought a woodwick, mostly because I was so mad at them for abandoning their old style completely, and having everything look the same. Now that they have branched out some, I may try one.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM

Before they invented the woodwick, Q carried this company's products under their old name, Old Virginia Candle Company. 

The candles were in jars, with metal lids and a metal bale handle (and a regular candle wick). Rather farmhouse kitchen looking, and I'm sure ran their course for most people's decor, so they disappeared.

They did a lot of triple fragrance candles (back in the day when it was a rather new thing), and I bought a lot of food scents (always my favorites). 

I remember lots of berry fragrances, lots of pumpkin fragrances in different varieties, and some with winter mint type fragrances. Their triple scents were so nice, because you got three different smells in one candle, they melded well one into the other, with great blending of fragrances, and they had a really good burn with no tunneling.

For quite awhile after their introduction, the only containers they came in were the hourglass (for lack of a better description) clear glass container. They seemed popular with others, but I found them modern and boring. Those posted above are really pretty, and I'm glad to see they have moved on to more decorative containers.

I've never bought a woodwick, mostly because I was so mad at them for abandoning their old style completely, and having everything look the same. Now that they have branched out some, I may try one.

Thanks for the info, @Mominohio.  If you end up finding a good stock of the "outside the  box" ones, I hope you find some that you like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I occasionally purchase the Woodwick Candles and enjoy their fragrance and crackling wood wick...  @MominohioThanks for the memory of the Old Virginia Candles and their hour glass jars, another one of those vendors that I enjoyed loved their fragrances another vendor no longer on QVC ..... I still have a couple of their cute candle toppers.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”