Super Contributor

Where to purchase an end table for our Den?

My hubby painted our den a really nice color called Muslin Wrap. We got the paint at Lowes. Our couch and chair in there a dark brown vinyl/eather and the rug is a dark teal. We will replace the rug with a light hardwood in the future.

I want to add a cottage type small end table. I am thinking a light colored wood or a washed look off white????

I saw a cute table at Target, but concerned it would not hold up. I was originally thinking of purchasing one from the Amish.

Super Contributor

Re: Where to purchase an end table for our Den?

Are you the type who needs to see the piece in person, or are you open to online sites? If you have a West Elm near you, I would recommend you visit their store. They stock a lot of modern pieces but they also have a selection of cottage/driftwood type pieces.

Honored Contributor

A furniture store perhaps?

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a few whitewashed styles in a PB sale flyer that came out about a week ago. You might try their website for ideas.

Amish typically charge more for paint/distressed paint styles because of the work involved. Generally they work in oak but if you want to watch your $ ask if they will do the style in pine as pine is less costly but more prone to dings.

Also make sure who you buy from. Not all Amish is created the same.

Honored Contributor

How about something like these?

Caitlyn Media Stand Alex Accent Table Southport End Table

If you like more "natural" options, there are these:

Luca Bunching Table Amelia Side Table Branch Accent Table Catarina Teak Stool

Super Contributor

Google search for what you describe above and check out IKEA and Laz-Y-Boy furniture stores as well as Pottery Barn.

Honored Contributor

Try Home Goods.

Respected Contributor

Wayfair.com is a great place to buy furniture. I purchased a chair from our local furniture store. It was going out of business, all sales were final kind of thing. I could only get one chair ...... a gorgeous, well made wing back chair. I searched and searched for another chair like it and guess what.... I found the same chair, same price that I had paid for the going out of business price AND free shipping.

I may find something in a nice furniture store, but I go right to Wayfair and usually find it for less. I've not been disappointed in anything I have purchased from them.

Respected Contributor

I have two great consignment stores that have really cool furniture and accessories with very reasonable prices. I have bought and sold there.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for WAYFAIR.com. You may find something there in a teal, also.