Respected Contributor

Re: When do you start decorating for Christmas?

@Kitty Galore wrote:

start the first week in Nov .we put up 4 trees plus decorated everywhere so need to start early in order for it to all be done by thanksgiving .  Family comes for thanksgiving nd they look forward to seeing the unveiling of lighting up the trees for the first time!  I love christmas decorating send look so forward to it every year !!!  Cant wait. , almost time!!!

Kind of like Clark Griswold, huh?(coulldn.t  resist).

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

I usually start the second week of November and take my timeSmiley Wink.  I love decorating early, LOL!!!  Truly love looking at my Christmas 'stuff'.     

Respected Contributor

For us it's either Thanksgiving weekend or the next one. We don't decorate outside much, because you can't see our house from the road. I put wreaths on the front & back doors and call it good! Inside, I put up a 6.5 tree, arrange my Nativity on the mantel with some flameless candles, and have some things for the kitchen counters & dining room table. Also a Christmas night-light in the hall and one in the guest bath.That's it! Usually comes down the week after New Year's.

I do have one odd little quirk---even though we are in our 60's, DH & I love to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas. But I do NOT want to watch them until my tree is up! They are shown really early nowadays, so I DVR'd them, so I can watch when I'm ready.