Super Contributor

Re: What type of home do you plan on living during retirement?

On 1/27/2014 Retired08 said:
On 1/27/2014 annabellethecat said:

Just because one person is doing well and is happy that does not mean everyone should be doing well and happy.

We are all different. All of us have different situations. It is not for any of us to judge another. That's the way I look at it.

I don't like copying what someone said or calling out someone's name for negative comments. I would just rather say it is not fair to criticize anyone for their post if they are struggling and/or having a difficult time right now.

Now I'll go sit down!

Well said, and very true. The economy has taken a difficult turn for many hard working people. Retirement is becoming a dream for many, rather than a reality.

I'll sit with you annabellethecat.

Well said. I am the op, and have been retired 10 yrs, hubby 15. We were lucky and able to retire early. The economy has not been good to us, since we have been using some of my 401K. Hubby has a nice pension, so we will not starve, however our living style has changed. I am just thankful for the Pension, and that I even had a 401K.

We watch Grandkids ( love it), so going back to work is not an option. I guess we could, but then our son and wife would need to do 2 in daycare. He just got a good job and looking forward to a nicer home. Having said all this, we are Blessed, some others that we know are not. I just wish I could help others more.