Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite HGTV show of all time?

There use to be a home decorator, from Canada, Cindy or Candace someone. She was fantastic and I liked her and she was TALL.  She could have been a model.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a few. Divine Design, Landscaper's Challenge, Sarah's House, Designer's Challenge, and My Great Big Remodel. Now I don't watch at all. I am so burned out on the Scott Brothers and the real estate shows. No design shows on at all anymore. No gardening, nothing. Someone mentioned Curb Appeal. I really enjoyed that one, too.

Honored Contributor

It was driving me crazy!

And that wasn't the best possible video, I remember several bedroom makeovers that were stunning & classy.

@tansy wrote:

@software wrote:

Sensible Chic

@tansy

You're a good sleuth, @software😊

Honored Contributor

I also forgot What you get for the Money! It showcased homes in different parts of the country with the same price point, very interesting and eye-opening!!!!!Loved it!

Valued Contributor

I loved Candice and Sarah's shows, also.  I also really liked Curb Appeal with John Gidding. 

Why did they get rid of those shows???

Now they will devote almost an entire day to one show.  Such a shame.

Respected Contributor

I am having trouble remembering some of the older shows but I really like Love It or List It.

Respected Contributor

Candace Olson, Divine Design

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I also forgot What you get for the Money! It showcased homes in different parts of the country with the same price point, very interesting and eye-opening!!!!!Loved it!

There are many posters here who needed to see this show. Whenever costs of anything are brought up they will insist that COL does not vary greatly across the country and that has nothing to do with why prices are higher/lower. It weas quite obvious when you watch this show.

Frequent Contributor

It wasn't HGTV, I think it was DIY, but we loved to watch Trading Spaces back in the day!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorites were short 30 minute long (I think?) shows that I would have watched from approx. 1998 to 2006.  The only names that I can recall (hosts may or may not be related to show names) are Sabrina Soto, Taniya Nayak, Design on a Dime, and Get it Sold.

I learned so much from watching HGTV during these years.  The befores and afters were so amazing to me at the time, especially because so little money was spent to get the end results.